This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

View New Posts

kevsmom

kevsmom Contributor

When I open the gluten free forum and click on view new posts, it tells me that my last visit was on 10/10 and that there are 19 new pages.

In looking at the pages I know that I have seen most of them before, and some of the posts I have responded to.

What's going on?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

Is it accurate that you've been here last on the 10th? Even if you have seen the posts themselves before, are you sure there aren't any new replies? Because every time there is a reply, it is viewed as a new post, because you haven't seen the new reply.

Mind you, I have had malfunctions, and there would be posts I had definitely seen in the 'view new posts' list. Even after I clicked on the 'mark all posts as read' link, I sometimes get ones back on that I had seen.

zarfkitty Explorer

It's been happening to me too. My "last visit" date has been stuck since about the 10th also.

Guest j_mommy

Mine too! I have 20 pages of "new" threads but have seen them all!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

Yeah--my orange buttons are back and have been for a few days, but I have 17 pages of "new posts" and it says my last visit was Oct. 12.

Lisa Mentor

We can let the Boss know on Monday.

jerseyangel Proficient
We can let the Boss know on Monday.

:D Yes we can! Probably not all the bugs are quite out yet....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

psawyer Proficient

Scott put an upgrade on the board software on Friday the 12th. Since then, there have been problems with this function, mostly things not showing as unread. :(

Another update was applied a couple of days ago, but a side effect seems to be that many threads that you have read part of are now showing up as completely new. It will take some time for the dust to settle, but as you view each thread the information for it will become correct (that's my belief).

If you clear your cache and delete all cookies set by this board (there is a button to delete the cookies on the home page, just above the statistics section) that may help. Or not. :o In the world of computers, glitches happen--I spent 30 years as a professional techie. <_<

jerseyangel Proficient
Scott put an upgrade on the board software on Friday the 12th. Since then, there have been problems with this function, mostly things not showing as unread. :(

Another update was applied a couple of days ago, but a side effect seems to be that many threads that you have read part of are now showing up as completely new. It will take some time for the dust to settle, but as you view each thread the information for it will become correct (that's my belief).

If you clear your cache and delete all cookies set by this board (there is a button to delete the cookies on the home page, just above the statistics section) that may help. Or not. :o In the world of computers, glitches happen--I spent 30 years as a professional techie. <_<

Peter,

I deleted my cookies as you instructed--and now I have 18 pages and it still says my last visit was the 12th. :o

(After I deleted them, I had to sign back in...)

psawyer Proficient

Oh, well, I thought it might help.

Yes, if you delete the cookies set by the board, you will sign yourself out--your sign-in status is kept in a cookie.

The unread status is not just kept in cookies--I use more than one computer to access the board, and until the recent problem, the history of what I had read was common to all of them, meaning it was kept on Scott's server, not in cookies on the individual computers.

It sounds that there may still be a problem with the board software.

I am not seeing a huge list of "new posts" in that menu, but I am still seeing some cases where when I click the button for unread posts it takes me to the first post in the thread. :(

ETA: It still thinks my last visit was October 11th. Not quite right, is it?

kevsmom Contributor

Ursa, Thanks for replying. I'm here just about every day. Most of the posts do not have any new replies.

To everyone else who is having problems -

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one. I was beginning to wonder if I was going crazy.

I appreciate the ones who will be filling Scott in.

Cindy

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks, Peter--I'm sure it'll all work itself out :)

Lisa Mentor

Just for the record, everything is fine with me. I don't understand why some have issues and others not?

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

I still don't have the view last unread buttons, and I have 19 pages of "new" topics as well. Seems like Momma Lisa Goose is getting special treatment, she's the only one who's back to normal. :D

Lisa Mentor
I still don't have the view last unread buttons, and I have 19 pages of "new" topics as well. Seems like Momma Lisa Goose is getting special treatment, she's the only one who's back to normal. :D

...or too dumb to know the difference! :P

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Well, I have the same problem--pages and pages of "new posts" PLUS--it keeps logging me out--THAT I HATE! I will hit reply and when it is going from the thread to reply, it logs me out, or sometimes, just going from one thread to another, I get logged out, it's veru aggravating. Nearly everytime I come into the forum I have to sign in and YES, I do have the box checked that states I want to stay logged in, it rarely works. :angry:

:rolleyes: I just try to ignore it all! When it signs me out too many times, I just leave! <_<

Lisa Mentor

I am sure that Scott would like to know about these inconsistencies.

psawyer Proficient

I am still seeing cases where I click on the button for last unread and it takes me to the first post in the thread, even though I have read that post, and others in the same thread. I don't think this is a cookie problem. Before the software change, the board remembered what I had read (and not read) even if I moved to another machine (we have three, although I typically only use two of them). I am currently using the notebook out on the patio; I was last on prior to this on the server upstairs. When I click on "View New Posts" I am getting the right list of topics, but in a few cases when I click on the button I still get taken to the first post.

I'm out of ideas to explain this. I know that it is not a problem with cookies, but beyond that, I am lost.

Lisa Mentor

oh oh oh..... That is what I am getting sporatically--- Clicking on "last unread" button and it will take me to the first post of the thread (and I have already read that and several after that).

Same as Peter.

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

I still don't have the "view last unread" buttons (on the view new posts page, anyway).

kevsmom Contributor

When I got in just now, my last vist was TODAY!!! And I only had 3 pages of new posts to look at. Thanks for getting that cleared up.

I did notice when I clicked on view new posts that it only showed me the new posts for today. I did have the choice of viewing the past week (and farther back).

If I do have the view last unread...I can't find it.

Cindy

Scott Adams Grand Master

All these bugs should be fixed now...please let me know if you have any further issues.

Take care,

Scott

Lisa Mentor

Thanks Scott. Much appreciated. :)

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Woo! Everything's back to normal. Thanks Scott.

Archived