This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Best Gf Pasta?

dmchr4

dmchr4 Apprentice

My daughter LOVES pasta, but I'm sure you all know that with gluten-free foods it can really be hit or miss. I bought some rice noodles before that were OK (can't remember brand), and we bought some quinoa/corn noodles that were edible too. But I'm wondering if you have any favorites and where you got them. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

Tinkyada's my favorite, but it varies person to person, so I have a feeling that your best bet is to keep trying brands 'til you find one ya both like. ;-)

Guest barbara3675

I have found that I like corn pasta because it holds it's shape better than rice when cooking. I make homemade spaghetti sauce using Contadina products and it is a really good meal. If you like to eat out, go to Noodles and Co. they will tailor make a rice pasta dish for you.....they are excellent.

astyanax Rookie

glutano animal shapes ! i get them through gluten free pantry

dbuhl79 Contributor

I can't recall the exact brand, but I bought Soy Pasta which tastes pretty much like the real thing to me! I've found it at our local Giant grocery store in the "healthy food" section. Sorry for the lack of a brand name, but I think majority of Giant stores carry it!

gf4life Enthusiast

Tinkyada brown rice pasta-all flavors! We love those. They sell pretty much all different shapes you can think of and they always taste great, have a great texture, and are most like the wheat pasta we were so used to. We buy them at Whole Foods, and online at Gluten Free Pantry, and Gluten Solutions.

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

DeBoles are my favourite!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

I like Tinkyada the best, too......but DeBoles is good, as well...my second choice

jaimek Enthusiast

I like Knotta Pasta. I find it in my regular Giant supermarket. Tastes just like regular wheat pasta. I think I actually like it better!

FreyaUSA Contributor

For macaroni and cheese all three of my kids like Pastato brand. Since they couldn't ever come to an agreement before, even before going gluten-free, this is so wonderful for me. The cooking directions are off on the regular elbow white cheddar kind anyway (says to cook it for 3 minutes when 10 is more like it.) I buy this by the case.

For regular spaghetti noodles, we like the quinoa kind by Ancient Harvest.

For shapes and stuff, I'm still experimenting/testing.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Tinkyada is the best gluten-free pasta I've had yet. It tastes the same to me as gluten pasta. Yum!

Donna F Enthusiast

Tinkyada me five!

I particularly love the spinach spaghetti and the tri-colored pasta. I can still tell the regular brown-rice pasta is different, but the vegetable ones taste exactly the same to me :D

-donna

Deby Apprentice

Tinkyada six. They are the best. I serve them to company and no one ever guesses that the dish is gluten free. My only complaint is the elbow pasta, it's bigger than mac and cheese pasta. When my son's non celiac friends come over they can tell the difference and get picky.

Archived