4 replies to this topic

#1 campcour

campcour

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:58 PM

Just wanted to let fellow Regina people know that there is a new restuarant on the East side called "The Black Pepper" and it is a pasta place...very good! Ate there a week ago and had a really good meat sauce.

Also, I talked to the manager at "The Freehouse" and he can prepare gluten free dishes and is very well informed about celiac disease as his aunt has it. I have not eaten there yet but am excited to!

Does anyone know of any asian type food resturants in Regina that have gluten free food? I really miss asian food. I have friends going to Teppanyaki this weekend. I looked up the menu and it looks questionable. Does anyone know anything about it?
[COLOR=purple][SIZE=7][FONT=Arial]Courtney :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Daxin

Daxin

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:56 AM

"The Wok Box" on Albert is good, but more fast foodish than sit down. The menu is all from souther asia, Indian, Chinese, Thai etc.

As far as Teppanyaki, save your money anyway. The Soy sauce is not gluten-free. My wife and I went with some freinds for supper, came out over 100 dollars poorer, and still hungry.
Ryan

Positive blood work May 06
Positive results with diet change

#3 campcour

campcour

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

Good to know! Thank you. I won't worry about Teppanyaki.

I have not heard of the "Wok Box" but I will defininetly look it up! Is there anything I need to look out for? I have not had any of this type of food since going gluten free and don't know any concerns other than soy sauce. Do they know about celiac disease?
[COLOR=purple][SIZE=7][FONT=Arial]Courtney :)

#4 Daxin

Daxin

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:05 PM

I let them know what I couldn't eat, and they were more than happy to help me. Clean pan, and glass noodles or rice instead of the other noodle choices.
Ryan

Positive blood work May 06
Positive results with diet change

#5 jordanarendt

jordanarendt

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:45 AM

I let them know what I couldn't eat, and they were more than happy to help me. Clean pan, and glass noodles or rice instead of the other noodle choices.

If you ask they have a menu that lists all allergens. A lot of their sauces are NOT gluten-free. Some are. To date this is the only Asian type restaraunt we have found in Regina. If anyone knows of any others, especially Thai, please post!

Other restaraunts we have found that are pretty good:

Montanas has a gluten-free menu if you ask for it.
Tony Romas has a lot of gluten-free foods.
Luiggis makes a gluten-free pasta everyday and will make anything on their menu gluten-free.
Red Lobster was very accomodating.

Jordan

(Daughter age 5 with Celiac)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: