1 reply to this topic

#1 Tutahl75

Tutahl75

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:27 AM

I developed some horrible sleep habits when I was sick and the doctors didn't know why. I've been gluten-free for close to six months now and on nights I have trouble falling asleep, I get restless and agitated, which leads to bad memories of being sick.

I've done some meditating to help me cope. Does anyone else have some advice to getting over these painfull memories that effect my ability to relax.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 02:50 PM

<_< i'm thinking that your real problem is not being able to fall asleep and when you get agitated you just start thinking about those pass days--i know there is no answer to those restless nights--i myself call them "watching the clock nights"--i had one last night myself---maybe if you would try some tylenol PM on those nights--yes, i know it is gluten free becasue i take it myself--today i told my daughter that i am wondering if my restless nights are connected to eating tuna--i only buy tuna in water and recently i found out there is soy in the broth they use on the tuna--i do know that too much soy bothers me and now i am wondering if the soy in the tuna is what makes me restless--we all react differently to different intolerances--so i am going to watch those nights i have tuna and find out--may be the end of my tuna eating days :( ---anyways, give tylenol PM a try ;) otay--deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: