Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Need Cereal Similar To Kashi Brand

7 posts in this topic

Since going gluten free, I'm having trouble finding a cereal that's gluten free and enjoyable. I always loved the Kashi brands because they are high in fiber and not sugary sweet. I've tried the puffins and Envirokids, but they don't fill me. Anybody know of a cereal similar to Kashi?

Ads by Google:
Since going gluten free, I'm having trouble finding a cereal that's gluten free and enjoyable. I always loved the Kashi brands because they are high in fiber and not sugary sweet. I've tried the puffins and Envirokids, but they don't fill me. Anybody know of a cereal similar to Kashi?

I've had the same problem, but I really like the Evirokids cereals. Have you tried the Peanut Butter Panda Puffs or the Koala Crisp? Definitely not like Kashi, but really good. Those are really the only two cereals that I have tried and liked. Have you considered hot cereals?

My favorite cereal before going gluten free was Kashi Strawberry Fields. The closest that I have found to it is Erewhon Chrisp Brown Rice with Mixed Berries. It's like why does Kashi have to put the wheat in that one?

I used to love the Kashi cereals! I haven't found an exact replecement, but I did find a cereal with a decent nutritional profile, that has a crunch. It's Nutty Flax (Perky brand.) I get it at my local health food store. They also make Nutty Rice, but it's not as nutritional (nor does it taste as good, IMO.) The Nutty Flax is in the form of little "balls" or "nuggets" - in a vague sort of way, it reminds me of Grape Nuts. I put chopped nuts and fruit on it, and it makes a good breakfast. I do wish someone would come out with some better cold cereal options....sigh.

Rho

gluten-free cereals that I have found to be on the healthier side include:

Nature's Path Mesa Sunrise - You either like it or you hate it. My kids won't touch it, but I think it's pretty good. It has a decent amount of fiber and is not too sweet.

Health Valley Corn Crunchems - nothing like Kashi, but low in sugar and really tasty. They make a rice flavor too.

Nutty Flax - great in yogurt.

Ceros - a cheerio like cereal. Not exactly like cheerios, but good. Low in sugar and a good amount of fiber.

Bakery on Main Granola - full of nuts and seeds and flakes. So delicious. It is on the sweeter side, but it sticks with you from all the nuts and fruit in it.

Trader Joe's gluten-free Granola - just like the Bakery on Main granola but less expensive

Thank you all for your suggestions. I plan to try some of the cereals you mentioned.