Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Happy Thanksgiving

4 posts in this topic

HAPPY THANKSGIVING :D to all of you and I do hope you all have great gluten-free food today--I have to work from 8-4, but will be going to one of my son's for supper---there are so many things i am thankful for----my man, my kids, my grandbabies, our health and all of you--these forums are so wonderful--everyone is always so caring and ready to help--we should all be proud of us--Deb :D ------- :P : by the way--about 4" of snow here this am--no, I dont enjoy the snow, but I know some of you do :rolleyes:

Ads by Google:

Happy Thanksgiving as well.

I agree with Deb, eveyone in this forum is so helpful and yes we should be proud of ourselves. I think some of you know more than the Doctors do.

Be safe and be happy and enjoy your day.

No snow here :(

Happy Thanksgiving! No snow here, either, but some showers ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you south of the border....

I know that this holiday for you is a huge one..... I enjoyed seeing the Macy's parade on the news last night.

Also, I'm glad when you guys have a holiday because my niece (who is at Cornell) gets to come home for a visit!! Yay!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Karen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• thank you for the info, its very helpful to hear from someone else who has it and knows a lot about it. When you say I may be eliminating one problem vs 3, what would you think the other problems could be? It's frustrating because I even buy Uldis gluten-free bagels and what not and I still find myself reacting sometimes to that, I don't use butter but just gluten-free peanut butter, but like I said I don't know for sure if its from that or maybe something else. I have read on this site about a couple others that have had issues with uldis breads so could be that. but like you said I guess it can also just take awhile to get better. I read the other day that a lot of throwing up can put stress on your small intestine which can maybe cause your body to react to dairy, do you know anything about that or if that's true?
    • Thanks for the reply!  Yeah, I really should have gotten testing done before the elimination diet.  I had asked my previous doctor, but she didn't want to do it.  I was transitioning to a new insurance and couldn't get a doctor's appointment for awhile, so I thought I would just do the elimination diet.  After all, it might not have been gluten.  (<--that was my thought process...) Hindsight is 20/20.  I felt pretty good during those 3 weeks gluten free, and was not expecting how bad it would be when I added it back in.  Anyway, I found a new doctor and I think she would totally be willing to test me again 9 weeks out. I think she would also be willing to order the endoscopy if I brought her research and really pushed for it. Now that I know how good feeling good feels... I just can't see staying on gluten for another 9 weeks.  I honestly don't know how I would survive.  Even if it's not Celiac, and it's ONLY the wheat allergy... it's making my life absolutely miserable. Thanks again for the reply!  I think I'll go in Friday for the blood test and take it from there.
    • Hi Alok, I suggest not eating any soy.  Soy is one of the top 8 food allergens in the USA.  Soy has other things about it that are not helpful to us.  Plus it is often sprayed with pesticides that are not so great for people.  Maybe you can try some other food for a while?  Also it might help to wash all your vegetables before using them. Just some ideas, I hope they help.
    • What she said!     The antibody panel is an important part of follow-up!
    • I have Celiac, Hashi's thyroid disease, Sjogren's Syndrome and Reynaud's Syndrome.  All have gotten better, inflammation wise, after 11 years gluten free.  I am very strict with my diet, never take chances if I feel the food is not really gluten free and limit the number of times I go out to eat.  I am not saying I never go out but it is normal for my husband and I to not see the inside of a restaurant for 3-4 months at a time and then I only eat at the places that have never glutened me.  I am lucky in that the state I live in has 3 restaurant chains that are run/owned by Celiac's, so they get it right every time. You have not been gluten free for very long, in reality.  It took me three years to completely rid myself of all symptoms related to the disease.  I was 46 at the time of diagnosis.  I know it is hard to accept that healing can take that long but you have to measure it differently.  Looking back, you should feel better than you did a year ago.  As time goes on, healing slowly takes place until you realize that certain problems have disappeared.  It is not as cut and dried as taking an antibiotic for an infection. http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART03424/Elevated-Creactive-Protein-CRP.html  Read this article on elevated c reactive protein. It is by Dr. Weil, who is a Harvard trained physician who chose to go the more natural route to healing people.  All his stuff is interesting.  Yes, your elevated level will most likely come down, as you heal better.  Pay attention to it but don't let it freak you out too much! 
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Anns