Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Legs And Feet Hurt So Bad

7 posts in this topic

My legs and feet have hurt me since late June..i was diagnosed with DH in late August..everytime i tell my doctors my feet and legs ache me so bad..they said either i'm getting old or eat a banana a day..I'm getting a little tired of hearing the "old" thing, i don't think this is normal, i mean its hard for me to get out of bed in the morning thats how bad they hurt and my veins stick out really bad, no discoloring or swelling. Anyone else have this problem? could it be related to being glutened? Thanks, Lori

Ads by Google:

This could be PAD parifarial artery desiese. My spelling is bad sorry. Google it and see if your symptoms match.

Yellow Rose

My legs and feet have hurt me since late June..i was diagnosed with DH in late August..everytime i tell my doctors my feet and legs ache me so bad..they said either i'm getting old or eat a banana a day..I'm getting a little tired of hearing the "old" thing, i don't think this is normal, i mean its hard for me to get out of bed in the morning thats how bad they hurt and my veins stick out really bad, no discoloring or swelling. Anyone else have this problem? could it be related to being glutened? Thanks, Lori

Yep. For me leg pain and balance issues were along with DH were a primary presenting symptom. The pain was excrutiating at times and I was young so they told my Mom it was growing pains. I also lost my reflexes about this time which remained absent until 40 years later when I had been gluten-free for about 3 years. One of the things that will help until you heal a bit more from the gluten will be sublingual B12. When I get glutened now it is not as painful but it still feels like my legs are made of lead and weigh about 50 lbs apiece. Sometimes a nice hot bath and a couple of baby asprin, I take St. Josephs baby chewables, will help to relieve the discomfort.

I have a lot of problems with something like restless leg syndrome, but it affects my arms, too. I have found that alcohol severely aggitates this. Just something else to consider that could possibly help.

I have the same problem as offthegrid. Legs and arms. Not so much restless leg syndrome for me, but really bad muscle fatigue with activity. Seems to get worse as the day goes on and the only thing that seem to make it go away are hot baths and lots of resting (laying down).

It's not B12 or iron deficiency, my thyroid is fine, so ???

Anyone have any experience with Myasthenia Gravis? I read that it can be more common in people with celiac disease.

I have the same problem as offthegrid. Legs and arms. Not so much restless leg syndrome for me, but really bad muscle fatigue with activity. Seems to get worse as the day goes on and the only thing that seem to make it go away are hot baths and lots of resting (laying down).

It's not B12 or iron deficiency, my thyroid is fine, so ???

Anyone have any experience with Myasthenia Gravis? I read that it can be more common in people with celiac disease.

I too have this bad muscle fatigue. We have stairs, my bedroom and the laundry are in the basement! We also have puppies right now so up and down, up and down etc.

The muscle fatigue drives me nuts, my family just looks at me. Last night I just sat down, I was so done. I used to think I was wonder woman and could do it all, mentally I still like to think that but I know it isn't so.

I am so glad you all posted about this, between feeling like I am starving and the fatigue I thought I was having some other issues. It is great to know what it is, now just waiting for it all to heal.

I too struggled with this until my internal med dr checked my vitamin D levels (all of them) and my vitamin C level. Both were dangerously low. I was prescribed 50000 units of D3 for 8 weeks. and 2000 of C. Felt much better. Now I know when I start getting the same feeling in my legs and arms to up my vitamin D and C. Especially now that it is winter and its harder to get in the sun. I also had very low thiamin levels (formally known as B1). I took 100mg for 8 weeks and now only have to take 15 to 25 mg a day to keep the levels up. Hope this helps. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Biopsy confirmed?
      Thanks for the replies. I have been trying since Friday tohave my results emailed to me and I am still waiting. I've rung four times now and each time they say they are going to email them. I will post them once I receive them :-) I have a feeling that the test I had in 2014 was just a screening test as it was six months or so before my endoscopy. I am assuming this one would be the full testing but you never know. He didn't really give me information just that he was ordering a blood test for Celiac and an ultrasound on my gallbladder and I didn't know what questions to ask. He read the histology report to me but that was like a different language lol and there were a few little things that he mentioned like duodenum cells in stomach(?), still the severe reflux even though I am on two lots of medications, Barretts unchanged and melanin throughout my colon - which he said was due to the overuse of laxatives ... I've never had laxatives and of course the lymphocytes in the duodenum but I can't remember if he said there was damage to the villi!   Anyway, fingers crossed the elusive email comes through soon!  Thanks for humouring my lack of knowledge and supporting me through my impatience this week - I only have a small time frame where my husband is home and I want answers so I can get organised before he leaves xxx
    • amalgam dental fillings - remove or not?
      My dentist removed mine as he discovered problems with them.  He used a rubber dam to be sure no mercury would be lost down my throat.  When I had just a couple Amalgams left, he decided to remove them .  He felt they likely had problems he couldn't see yet, as the other old fillings all had  decay. As he worked, those two were also having decay.  The deal was that insurance would cover the replacements IF the fillings were bad, but if there was no noted problem, they would not cover it.  I would consider having these removed by a dentist trained in using the rubber dam IF I were having health trouble that might be related to them.
    • Menstrual Pads for those with DH
      I use to react possibly because of the plastic, I don't really know why.  I use naturo-care which is made from bamboo fiber.  I don't know what the price per pad is. 
    • Lots of symptoms and just got a rash but is it DH?
      Forgot to mention - I've also been very tired these past 2 weeks.  Pretty much sleep, eat,  and sometimes go to work if I'm up for it.  I also lost 6lbs since December when my symptoms started.  I'm 5'9 and usually 128. 
    • Lots of symptoms and just got a rash but is it DH?
      Hi   So now I'm 95% sure I have celiacs.  I've been going through so much pain and sickness for the last 3 months.... Feeling like I'll never get better.  I'm a 25 year old otherwise healthy,  active female.  I finally had a colonoscopy Thurs. Waiting on results.  My GI wants to rule out crohns.  I have yet to talk to him about celiacs.    I have a rash on inner thighs by vagina and goes around to butt,  slightly itchy,  burns,  some look like pimples, some red dots,  almost perfectly symmetrical.  Other current symptoms - alternating constipation/diarrhea with black specs,  neck pain like whiplash,  ears constantly popping/clogged (about a year) ,  vision flickering like I'm blinking but not - multiple times an hour,  left knee pain when pops,  low platelets (128), nausea/stomach pain after eating certain foods usually vomit, sharp pain bellow belly belly button &  to the left, pins and needles in legs/arms when sitting multiple times a week,  bright red dots like cherry angomas,  confusion with thoughts.  Thanks for your input
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ntf2001