This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Am I At The Right Place?

district519

district519 Newbie

recently i have been getting these itchy spots on me, pretty proportional on the body ( 3-4 on left arm ) ( 3-4 on right arm ) and so on... itchy guys, annoying!

Cant sleep at night untill really really late 4-5am

when i do sleep i wake up every 2-3 hours find my self wide awake doing whatever, eating, music, tv, going for a ciggaret.... pissing me of really....

the craziest part is every now and then i get some f'en messed up dreams very real! like i'm being killed by demons, satan pretty creepy, usualy wake up pray and fall asleep.

I learned to control the dreams when i was younger i got dreams like this with demons and satan, and screamed really loud, but learned to control them.

Sometimes i sleep walk, for instance my mom said i went in her room while she was sleeping took her blanket off her and i asked her what she was doing? she said she tried talking to me and nothing, and that i really creeped her out.

i do eat corn, starch anything that includes gluten.... could this be why?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

I would go to a sleep clinic to find out what's going on.

Have you seen a doctor about this?

district519 Newbie
I would go to a sleep clinic to find out what's going on.

Have you seen a doctor about this?

nope havent seen anyone, i made an appoitment for tomorrow... ill let you know what he sais

district519 Newbie

well he said it not celiac, he didnt do any blood tests or nothing, i know from research on my own it has to be celiac..

he gave me meds something called APO-CEPHALEX / CEPHALEXIN 205mg / ORNG/OBL

he said if these itchy dots dont stop growing by monday to go see him again.mmmm

• 2 weeks later...
byrmanson Rookie

If it were me, I would do the gluten free diet correctly for a few weeks and see if you find positive results. That or seek out your own tests from a lab. However, start with the obvious... go to a sleep lab if this continues?

YoloGx Rookie
If it were me, I would do the gluten free diet correctly for a few weeks and see if you find positive results. That or seek out your own tests from a lab. However, start with the obvious... go to a sleep lab if this continues?

I have trouble sleeping too. Have all my life. Getting to sleep is rough. I figured out years ago to just keep busy til I drop. Of course this makes it hard to deal with the "real" world. Great for doing art. However I do both worlds since I manage a business--though by being the boss it means I don't have to always be there in the morning. Believe it or not having this condition has made me emphasize getting down to practicalities as quick as I can as well as using and developing my imagination. I am very good at creating strategies and figuring out problems. Probably from all that time I spent being ill. It gave me plenty of time to think about things and get down to basics.

I want to try the melatonin and see if it works. Definitely for me taking vitamin D (cod liver oil) and especially important co-enzyme B vitamins and L-glutamine with water on an empty stomach does wonders. Also anti scarring stuff like nattokinase and/or bromelain/papain combos really help. The co-enzyme B-vitamins stopped most of the leg twitching and pain. However due to an old injury I also do the nattokinase bromelain/papain plus if its bad hatha yoga which calms the mind and body.

An anti gluten diet is a matter of course. I didn't realize though that such small amounts like being around gluten cat food could cause a sleep disturbance. I will definitely have to check on this. Currently I don't touch the stuff but do pour it and then mix in some brewers yeast/garlic stuff with a spoon.. Its hard to always get completey gluten free cat food. Any suggestions?

I have found that taking herbs too like dandelion root and yellow dock root alternated with oregon grape root help the body detox. I think celiac creates a condition that leads to general toxicity which is hard on the liver as well as the intestines and downwind the kidneys. Toxicity creates bad dreams believe you me. As well as ear ringing and having visions. I used to have bad ear ringing but for me using detox herbs and change of diet plus exercise made it go away. It took the co-enzyme b vitamins however to help feed my nervous system and deal with digesting basic carbs and proteins--without which I was rapidly deteriorating despite all my best efforts with diet and herbs etc.

About the ear ringing--change the diet and detox yes. But for some its also caused by a wax build up. Not my problem though it is for a friend of mine who also has celiac.

Things that soothe and heal the gut lining are also good--like marshmallow root and slippery elm and pao de arco (this last also a good anti fungal).

Eat early in the evening too rather than late.

Doing art of course is great. Sounds like you could use something to focus your imagination on. Poetry has also helped me. I often write or do art inspired in the night especially if life will permit or even when it doesn't. You can direct what you decide to focus your imagination on.

Jungian psychology and even re-evaluation co counseling have been of great help to me too. Needless to say having gluten intolerance just doesn't often spring up out of nowhere. Often the family and forebears are involved having created a whole line of possible crazy intolerant behaviours and fears out of ignorance of this condition. So the psychological and emotional effects need to be dealt with as well as the physical food.

Doing protective grounding also sounds like it might possibly be valuable. It has been so for me. There are books on psychic protection that are useful. Also things like the Berkely Psychic Institute could help. Simply imagining a grounding cord from your lowest chakra to the center of the earth and letting all anxieties and all that is not you (other people's energy or entities etc.) go down the grounding cord to get burned up by the great mother earth's core and released to the universe. Similarly imagine a silver cord going from your highest chakra to the universe and pulling in clean energy from All That Is or whatever it is you believe in as Positive Light Energy. Ditto with pulling in the Clean Earth Energy from the lowest chakra. Imagine all that energy cleaning out and filling your auric field and then let the excess go down your grounding cord. Then imagine protective roses or whatever keeping guard at the edge of your auric field and then periodically do the grounding again. I often do this when I am driving but sometimes do it at night. Really I find it helps. You might too. That over developed imagination is usually good for something I find after all.

Hope some of this helps!

Archived