This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Flourless Pb/chocolate Chip Cookies

Joni63

Joni63 Collaborator

Hello,

A little update. A lady at church had both knees operated on and her son is celiac. Yesterday I made their family gluten free lasagna and a salad for dinner. At her house she gave me some cookies that her son made. I am totally impressed with these and the recipe is just so easy...

Enjoy...

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)

1 tsp. baking soda

1 egg

6 oz. chocolate chips

Mix brown sugar, peanut butter baking soda and egg. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased baking sheet.

Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Sounds very good.

hathor Contributor

Oh, boy, this looks good. It is also simple enough even for me :lol: I would have to use an egg replacer, but it still should work.

Thanks for posting :D

Have you tried making this with any other nut butters? I'm thinking it would be great with almond or cashew butter, too.

Joni63 Collaborator

I haven't tried making them at all yet. I'm a wimp in the kitchen so far with making things you have to bake, but am fine with dinners. Just tried them at someone's house and they are really good. I don't know anything about the texture of the other butters, but these come out pretty thick so a thinner butter would probably work just fine.

My daughters home sick today so no dance tonight...means I have some extra time on my hands. Hmmmm..........I think I will make some!

ekdumas19 Apprentice

Hi All!

These are my FAVORITE cookies! My sister found the recipe for me a few years back on Epicurious.com and if I ever need to bring a dessert or am hosting a party I always make these. They are now my non-gluten free friends favorites as well. Some tips. Use the thickest pb you can find, and pref the crunchy kind. I am a fan of JIFF crunchy or Skippy Crunchy. If you use creamy pb they tend to come out really flat. Also, I use mini chocolate chips, i think they are easier to work with and give a better peanut butter to chocolate ratio. Also don't over cook, 10 minutes should be a-ok. Love these cookies!!!

I haven't tried making them at all yet. I'm a wimp in the kitchen so far with making things you have to bake, but am fine with dinners. Just tried them at someone's house and they are really good. I don't know anything about the texture of the other butters, but these come out pretty thick so a thinner butter would probably work just fine.

My daughters home sick today so no dance tonight...means I have some extra time on my hands. Hmmmm..........I think I will make some!

bakingbarb Enthusiast
Hello,

A little update. A lady at church had both knees operated on and her son is celiac. Yesterday I made their family gluten free lasagna and a salad for dinner. At her house she gave me some cookies that her son made. I am totally impressed with these and the recipe is just so easy...

Enjoy...

1 cup brown sugar

1 tsp. baking soda

1 egg

6 oz. chocolate chips

Mix brown sugar, peanut butter baking soda and egg. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased baking sheet.

Sounds like I will be baking again!

thanks for posting this

bakingbarb Enthusiast

Oh, I forgot to ask, how do they behave when baking? Seems like they would spread all over?

TIA

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ekdumas19 Apprentice

They do spread quite a bit, so make them sort of on the smallish side and with lots of room in between. When I take them out, I usually let them cook a bit more on the cookie sheet. Surprisenly the crumble factor on these is not too too bad. Must be all the fat from the PB. When I moved into my apartment last year, I literally ate these for two days straight b/c I had no food. Best two days of my life!

Oh, I forgot to ask, how do they behave when baking? Seems like they would spread all over?

TIA

bakingbarb Enthusiast
They do spread quite a bit, so make them sort of on the smallish side and with lots of room in between. When I take them out, I usually let them cook a bit more on the cookie sheet. Surprisenly the crumble factor on these is not too too bad. Must be all the fat from the PB. When I moved into my apartment last year, I literally ate these for two days straight b/c I had no food. Best two days of my life!

:D LOL funny how we eat when we are out of food!

I did a search on Epicurious for flourless and there are 12 recipes but 8 of them are flourless chocolate cake.

Don't care though, I am hungry and this sounds so good.

ebrbetty Rising Star

sounds yummy...I'll sub splenda brown sugar, my hubbys on a diet :rolleyes:

Betty..Mass

Joni63 Collaborator

TIA

The ones I tried were more rounded than flat. I was told to form them slightly into a ball and press in the chocolate chips. It doesn't seem like this recipe spreads too much.

I'll be making thems soon so I'll let you know. :)

Glutenfreefamily Enthusiast
Hello,

Enjoy...

1 cup brown sugar

1 tsp. baking soda

1 egg

6 oz. chocolate chips

I do a variation of this I skip the baking soda, use egg replacer and put in a tablespoon of pure vanilla. I usually triple or quadruple it because when I bring them somewhere they always go so fast.

Mine dont seem to spread at all.

LoriC Apprentice

i was at a cookout in Oct this year and a girl that is a celiac made these cookies and i tried them (i'm new to gluten-free diet) omg they were heavenly:

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg (beaten)

1tsp vanilla

choc chips

bake at 350 for about 15 minutes..watch closely..

they are a bit sticky to handle..but i use teaspoons , they spread out nicely and are really really good!

Sugarmag Newbie

Oooh, these are yummy! I've made them with a similar/same recipe. I was actually going to try making it with Stevia next time, as my mom is a newly diagnosed diabetic, and it's all natural. Thanks for posting this!

Joni63 Collaborator

Well, I made them before dinner (big mistake), ate 3 and then had dinner. They are delicious and really easy. I'm not that fond at baking and didn't mind doing them at all. Mine didn't spread out at all. I used Smuckers all natural peanut butter.

MyMississippi Enthusiast

For those of us with peanut allergy, chunky Sunbutter might work--

Sounds delish to me. :)

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
For those of us with peanut allergy, chunky Sunbutter might work--

Sounds delish to me. :)

I think pretty much any 'butter' works. Some people do almond butter with almond extract.

bakingbarb Enthusiast
I think pretty much any 'butter' works. Some people do almond butter with almond extract.

Almond or cashew. OH gosh I need to bake these. I bought extra pb and choc chips today. :D

ebrbetty Rising Star

I just wanted to say thanks for the cookie recipe, I just made them, they're awesome!

I mixed the penutbutter, half smooth half chunky and mixed the chips, semi-sweet and milk chocolate...yum!!

thanks again for sharing

Joni63 Collaborator
I just wanted to say thanks for the cookie recipe, I just made them, they're awesome!

I mixed the penutbutter, half smooth half chunky and mixed the chips, semi-sweet and milk chocolate...yum!!

thanks again for sharing

You are welcome! I'm happy to share it. :D

I made a double batch Tuesday before dinner and they disappeared this morning. My kids really love them and they even got to help make them.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
You are welcome! I'm happy to share it. :D

I made a double batch Tuesday before dinner and they disappeared this morning. My kids really love them and they even got to help make them.

I mentioned this on an earlier thread about these cookies, but I'll mention it again. Don't use turbinado sugar! Not unless you like crunchy sugar in your PB cookies. I'll be trying these with honey sometime soon.

Joni63 Collaborator
I mentioned this on an earlier thread about these cookies, but I'll mention it again. Don't use turbinado sugar! Not unless you like crunchy sugar in your PB cookies. I'll be trying these with honey sometime soon.

I'd love to do them with honey. Please let us know how they turn out.

kbtoyssni Contributor

I make the second recipe posted all the time (the ones without chocolate chips), but I'm going to try the chocolate chip one when I get home tonight :) I make mine with sunflower seed butter (peanuts make me sick), and they're just as good as the peanut butter ones. They also travel well. I usually make a batch when I travel to places like England when I've got a week or two of traveling and staying with relatives whose houses aren't the most gluten-free friendly. It's nice to have something safe and yummy to fall back on that will last the week or two that I'm gone. Plus one cookie is enough to take the edge off my hunger when I can't eat a full meal.

Archived