This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Puppy Chow....

Guest j_mommy

Guest j_mommy

I have Healthy Valley Rice and Corn crunch ems....but I'm looking for a recipe for puppy chow...my son and I are having a craving!LOL

Thanks, Jess

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ab123 Rookie

Usually you can get the recipe on the back of Skippy brand Peanut Butter. I didnt know that they made gluten free chex mix- Ive been craving puppy chow also!

Guest j_mommy

Yup...there's Healthy Valley Corn Crunch Em's and Rice Crunch Em's....I use them to make "chex mix" too.

Crystalkd Contributor

I thought this thread was going to be about dog food. LOL

cruelshoes Enthusiast

We always use the recipe from the Open Original Shared Link and just substitute the Health Valley cereals. I need to pick some of those up on payday. Chex mix sounds so good right now!

Guest j_mommy

Thanks Cruelshoes!!! That is the one I ended up using....went to the grocery store and looked on the back of teh chex corn box!LOL Next time though I think I'm only going to use 8.5 C corn cereal!

lonewolf Collaborator

I just posted this last week on another thread. We all love it at our house.

Puppy Chow

1/4 c. Butter (Spectrum shortening or oil if CF)

6 oz. Chocolate chips

1 C Peanut or Almond Butter (the almond butter is surprisingly good in this)

7 C Corn and/or Rice Crunch

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Renth Newbie

Puppy Chow! Oh I loved that stuff, I did my undergrad the University of Georgia and since we're the Bulldogs they had puppychow in the dining hall before games. Thanks for a gluten free version!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    Donate

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-M):

• Recent Activity

1. - Scott Adams replied to Braver101's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Constant sweating with celiac disease

2. - Scott Adams replied to Julie Riordan's topic in Traveling with Celiac Disease

Any ideas for travelling

3. - trents replied to Julie Riordan's topic in Traveling with Celiac Disease

Any ideas for travelling

4. - trents replied to Braver101's topic in Coping with Celiac Disease

Constant sweating with celiac disease

5. - Julie Riordan posted a topic in Traveling with Celiac Disease

Any ideas for travelling

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Vlp
    Newest Member
    Vlp
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Scott Adams
      I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. It must be really frustrating and uncomfortable. Have you talked to your healthcare provider about these sudden sweating episodes? It might be helpful to discuss this with them to rule out any other underlying issues or to see if there are specific strategies or treatments that can help manage this symptom. Additionally, staying hydrated and wearing breathable clothing may provide some relief. 
    • Scott Adams
      I am not sure where you are going, but we have articles in this section which may be helpful: https://www.celiac.com/celiac-disease/gluten-free-travel/ 
    • trents
      There are supplements available that can help breakdown minor amounts of gluten such as you might experience with cross contamination when dining out and you order gluten free items from a menu. But they will not help when larger amounts of gluten are consumed. One such product that many on this forum attest to as having helped them in this regard is GliadinX. The inventor of GlidinX is one our forum sponsors so you should know that.
    • trents
      There is such a thing, believe it or not, called gluten withdrawal. Gluten has addictive properties similar to opiates. I know it sounds bizarre but research it. Also, are you compensating for the loss of vitamins and minerals you were getting from the FDA mandated fortified wheat flour products you were formerly consuming?
    • Julie Riordan
      Just wondering can anyone help me out.heading on holidays and don’t really know what expect.if I get glutened are there tablets that you can take