5 replies to this topic

#1 mama2

mama2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:58 PM

I am going to texas roadhouse for dinner tonight and was wondering if anyone could give any sugestions. I know they used to have a gluten-free menu but don't anymore.
Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 miles2go

miles2go

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

Really, they've done away with the gluten-free menu? Hmmm... well anyway, when I went there quite a number of months ago, I seem to remember to stay away from their grilling sauce! And this is a lesson that I so need to learn in other food establishments, but that's another story. If you ask for your meat cooked plain and on a clean section of the grill, you should be fine. Also, make sure to ask for no croutons on your salad. But ask, ask, ask away as with any other restaurant. They should have some vestigial memory of what it was like in the olden days. ;)

#3 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:18 PM

I got to this post a bit late but still wanted to relpy to it for others. We used to love Texas Road House....
When I went there a month ago they told me all the chicken now had gluten in it except the chicken they use for the chicken critters ( unbreaded of course) . They did make me a grilled chicken salad from that... also the grilling stuff they spray the grill with has gluten to....
I find this now to be at most sport bar type grills, Applebees, TGI Fridays & so on.
This is a real bummer for me... But I did go to a Carrabas last week & it was perfect...

mamaw

#4 sixtytwo

sixtytwo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

How could you go wrong with a salad/no croutons, a filet or any steak cooked on the char-grill/no sauce, and a baked potato or baked sweet potato? The food at Texas Road House is superb and so you should go there happily. I ate their caesar dressing with no problem too, kind of winged it on that one. Barbara

#5 bluesky8130

bluesky8130

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

We were just at Texas RoadHouse in December (Grand Forks, ND) and they still had a gluten free menu even. My husband absolutely loves it there & always orders the same this - Roadkill made using no grill shortening.

#6 Stacey52783

Stacey52783

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:29 PM

I am going to texas roadhouse for dinner tonight and was wondering if anyone could give any sugestions. I know they used to have a gluten-free menu but don't anymore.
Thanks

I just went to the Texas Roadhouse in Denton, TX tonight and the manager, James did in fact inform me that they have done away with the gluten free menu b/c of the liability. I spoke with the manager and he told me the ingredients in some of their products. He said to order any steak without the spice/grill seasoning, and the side of vegetables with no seasoning and the mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes contain butter, heavy cream, salt and pepper. I ordered the sirloin steak with no seasoning, mashed potatoes and a side salad with no croutons and their homemade ranch dressing. He told me the dressings are homemade in the restaurants and that the ingredients in the ranch do not contain gluten, but as far as any other dressing, he'd have to go look it up. Overall, I had a very pleasent experience and have had no side effects. Basically, to sum up, James told me to stay away from all seafood, all fried food, bread (obviously) and just to ask whats in each individual menu item before ordering, expressing your concerns and that they are very willing to accomodate. The great thing about this place, is that most of the menu items are homemade which makes it easier to find out whats in them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: