- - - - -

Children's Vitamins?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Annie74_*

Guest_Annie74_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:51 AM

Has anyone found a gluten-free multivitamin for kids?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 12:44 PM

sesame street chewables are gluten-free
Molly

#3 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 01:18 PM

The company, "Source of Life" makes chewable, animal-shaped vitamins that are gluten-free. The "Animal Parade" kind is gluten-free..

#4 ashlee's mom

ashlee's mom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:45 AM

Lil Critters Vita Worms are gluten-free, it even says so on the bottle. They taste like gummi worms, so they are easy to get my dd to take them! Centrum vitamins are gluten-free too, the Rugrat ones is what we have used before.

#5 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:11 AM

Does anyone know of gluten-free vitamins for kids that do not contain artificial sweeteners? I will even take real sugar over artificial sweeteners.
Laura
Michigan

#6 nicolesmom

nicolesmom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 03:38 AM

A friend of mine is involved with a company called juiceplus. They are actually a "whole food source" rather than a manufactured vitamin. I just received the packet in the mail and will be ordering shortly.

They carry capsules for adults, chewables for kids and even a gummi bear, with NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS! If you would like more info, check out www.juiceplus.com and take the tour!

I can also direct anybody who's interested to my friend, david's direct e-mail or can forward info he has already sent me about the products.

You order a 4 month supply, but can pay in monthly installments. I think the kids' varieties are about $22 / month. They also have an offer where each paying adult can get a free supply for the kids, but I'm not sure if this is still available. I can check.

#7 ashlee's mom

ashlee's mom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:50 AM

My SIL uses Melaluca (sp) vitamins. They say gluten free and she doesn't use any artificial sweeteners, so I am positive they don't include it either. Let me know if you need me to get more info from her. I also just looked at the Vita worms we are using, and it looks like they don't have any artificial sweeteners either. Plenty of real sugar though! I got them at Wal mart, but I have gotten the bears before by them at Costco.

#8 ryebaby0

ryebaby0

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:08 PM

My son chews VitaBalls, after rejecting Centrum Jr. as "disgusting".......
Mom/wife to celiacs dx 12/03 and 12/04

Success is never final and failure never fatal. It's courage that counts -George Tilton

#9 lbsteenwyk

lbsteenwyk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 08:30 PM

We use the 365 Brand which is manufactured for Whole Foods Market. It's a chain of health food stores - I think mostly in the South. They don't have any artificial flavors or colors either. Both my kids love them.
Laurie
Mom to:
Hayley age 4, gluten-free at 26 months
Clark age 3, negative celiac bloodwork

#10 Tree

Tree

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 05:40 PM

The ingredients list of Juice Plus lists barley bran and oat bran; I cancelled my order when it became apparent our household was going gluten-free.

Tree

A friend of mine is involved with a company called juiceplus. They are actually a "whole food source" rather than a manufactured vitamin. I just received the packet in the mail and will be ordering shortly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: