This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Coke Products?

suzimarie06

suzimarie06 Rookie

i am a very very new celiac and just learning how to be on a gluten free diet...

are coke products okay? i have seen somewhere that the coca cola company claims their products to be gluten free... but coke, cherry coke, etc have caramel coloring. in a little book i got from a dietician, it says to stay away from caramel coloring.

so how do i know if it is okay for me to drink the coke products with caramel coloring or not??

im sure im going to have so many more questions but thats all i have time for now...im just so excited for this forum..i've looked through it before and its amazing!! probably the most encouraging thing i've seen so far since being diagnosed :)

thanks!!!

suzanne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Suzanne,

Yes, all cokes, seven-up, sprite and pepsi are gluten free. Now, with that said some people here do react to caramel color, but it is considered safe for Celiacs.

Welcome to the forum.

Here is a list of companies who will always clearly list wheat, barley, rye and malt. It will be a great help to you when looking for safe products.

Open Original Shared Link

Feel free to ask away. That's what we are all here for.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Coke products are ok :) Enjoy

Aligray Apprentice

Yep! They are gluten free BUT unfortunately I do have a reaction :(

ravenwoodglass Mentor

They are considered gluten free but the company uses the codex standard. My DS and I also react like a gluten reaction from the carmel coloring. We have no problems with the clear sodas. The best way to decide if they are safe for you is to drink them for a few days while consuming nothing else that is questionable.

kevsmom Contributor

Welcome, Suzanne!

I agree with the reports that Coke products are gluten free. I't a good thing, because I'm addicted to Diet Coke (Starting with breakfast - I like my caffeine cold). I guess I could be addicted to worse things. If I had to give up gluten - at least I can still have my Diet Coke! :D

Cindy

suzimarie06 Rookie

yay! im so glad, definitly good to hear they're okay...i loove my coke :-)

thank you for all your help!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

laurelfla Enthusiast

just to throw in my two cents...

I loved Coke Zero when it came out, but when I called Coca-Cola they said they could only tell me it was below so many ppm (sorry, it's been over a year and i can't remember the details!). So I only drink the ones they call gluten free (such as Coke, Sprite, Cherry Coke, Diet Coke, etc.) and stay away from the ones that are listed as not gluten free but below the Codex level. That's my personal policy; I apologize if this information is out of date. There's no info on the website and I'm too lazy to call!

Archived