Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Totally Glutened...

29 posts in this topic

OH---holidays. They are so difficult, and families are usually much harder to deal with than restaurants. Always bring food, aim for the simplest food there, and , of course, eat first. That said, I have to recommend staying home for the holidays if at all possible. My daughter has not eaten wheat for 8 years, and each year my food gets a little more palatable :lol:

THis year I was so proud to serve the whole Thanksgiving meal gluten-free and dairy free, from turkey and stuffing to pie. (Yes, it was delicious to all of us, non celiac disease , non allergic and all). We had such a wonderful familymeal. No, this would not happen at any relatives house. It just wouldn't.

Invite people over. A lot.

Sending lots of empathy your way.

P.S. Wish I could invite you over.

Ads by Google:

:) Hey, I found a really yummy gluten-free breakfast cereal out here in OZ. (Australia)

I got it from a health food store.

I've also been having tinned fruit, mostly pears as they are easier for me to digest first thing in the morning.

So, life is not so bad when I don't have to cook breakfast every morning. I'm not a morning person at all. B)

Last night, my hubby and I went to our friends place for our regular Friday night get-together. we watch videos and nibble....welll, I used to until I found every time I'd come home in great pain and sick all night.

Last week I gave them a copy of the what celiac disease is, and what the consequences are if a celiac person ingests gluten. ;)

They served us up a lovely baked pork dinner, which was fine with me. It was followed by icecream, which I thought probably had gluten in it. I only had a small amount.

My tummy was fine with it, but I really felt like I'd had a few too many beers. It was hard to concentrate and speak properly, and even to walk straight was a challenge.

Is this a common sign of being glutened, and would I still be causing trouble to my villi if I have the occassional 'normal' icecream?? :blink:

:( yes, any gluten causes damage--we must remain gluten free--there are ice creams that do not contain gluten--you can have ice cream, just read the labels--it's so important that we all understand that we must not have any gluten--none, notta, nil :( sorry, i am only telling you this for your health--deb :)

There are lots of gluten-free normal ice creams. Stick to those so you don't do your intestines any more damage! :-) (It takes a while to find what you can and can't have, but until then, I encourage you to play it conservatively to help your body heal and reduce the risk of problems that untreated celiac can cause.)