2 replies to this topic

#1 Joyous

Joyous

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:26 PM

A book I'm reading suggests, "Use alka seltzer gold as needed during detox week for headaches or digestive discomfort. Use it any time you have an adverse reaction to allergy food."

Has anyone heard of or tried this?
Joy

Not gluten free yet because I'm waiting to be tested.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Glutenfreewarrior

Glutenfreewarrior

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:35 AM

My allergy Dr. uses and recommends Alka Selzer Gold-not sure if its gluten-free. I have not taken it in a few years. It is the vitamin C that helps with the non-anaphalactic allergic reactions. In that form it absorbs more rapidly. I just empty 4 250mg vit. C capsules into water or take OLA LOA sports drink (with 1000mg vit C) It does help.

#3 Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:25 PM

I was just on an elemination diet that suggested the same thing. I couldn't find the gold kind but did check with the company before looking and it is gluten free.
Yellow Rose
27 years of misdiognoses
seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet
rheumatoid arthritis May 1980
wrist joint replacement Jan 1984
fibromyalgia May 1980
insomnia since the 80's
diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds
Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea
Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:
depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.
Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive
Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: