Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Great Experience With Legal Seafoods

3 posts in this topic

I read somewhere on this board that they were "schooled" in gluten issues and were pretty helpful, but they REALLY are! Went to the one in Copley Place in Boston, and no less than 3 employees (waiter, manager, etc) came over to tell me how comitted they were to helping me navigate the menu and preparing my food in a safe manner.

It's the complete opposite of every other restaraunt, where they think you are just being picky and high-maintenance!

Ads by Google:

Oh it was me that said that and I was at the Legal at Copley Place too just a week ago and I spoke to the manager too. They are very careful about it and they have such good food, I had a great meal, I'm glad you did too!

Susan

Legal Seafoods is the Best!

I have visited the north shore locations and have had the best success possible. My sister was a manager for a one of there restaurants and told me of there dedication/obsession with meal knowledge/preperation. (The waitstaff have to go to two days of classes to learn about fish. (Where it comes from, to how its transported, to meal prep)

Everytime I go there for a meal at least 3 of the staff are there to assist in me in ordering and to verify that my meal was well prepared.

Another good thing is they have no problem with using my gluten free margarine! I brought a stick of margarine in a brown bag, gave it to the waitstaff and the chef used it for my fried onions!

Hope this helps

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• food allergies
      Welcome!   If you suspect you might have an issue with gluten, you should really get tested for celiac disease.  At least rule it out before you go gluten free.  Why?  There are so many other health issues that can be related to celiac disease.  Here's some information about getting an easy blood test: http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/ If you suspect allergies (reference your edema), I would see an allergist too.   I wish you well! 
    • Newly diagnosed and totally overwhelmed
      so i was just recently diagnosed with Celiac disease and I am having trouble wrapping my head around it.... While i know that maintaining a gluten free diet is going to help me feel better - i can't get over the fact that i cannot eat my favorite foods anymore.. no more pizza, no more pasta, no more wheat thins.......... yes i realize there are gluten free versions of all of these but it's obviously just not the same.  I can't just go out and grab a couple drinks at the bar with my friends anymore..... i really do not know how to handle this and it's already wearing me down.  I feel like after living for 28 years my entire life has flipped upside down and everything is going to change... i'm sorry for sounding like such a lost puppy but i just wanted to vent a little bit and see how you all deal with this... i told my friends about it and they act like it is so not a big deal at all but to me it feels like my world has come crashing down 
    • puffiness in face
      Would hot yoga help the puffiness in face due to other food sensitivities? or Asuanas? How to determine if you have a histamine intolerance or other food sensitivities? 
    • A good diet for avoiding type 2 diabetes
      I hope you do well on your new diet cristiana, whatever it turns out to be.  Another site with lots of paleo diet info is Marks Daily Apple.  He also lists cooking oils that are good for you vs bad for you to eat.  Try searching his site for topics of interest.  I am not too interested in the paleo diet backstory as such.  But it seems like a good diet for many people to try at least. The diabetes forum has good info also, from people with diabetes vs doctors.  They used to have a chat for people to ask questions, but I don't know i that is still active.  From memory, some of the people there limited themselves to 1 cracker a day's worth of carbs.  And they were off their medication completely.   Mostly against doctors advice about diet, but some doctors give bad advice about diabetes to people.  Like telling people they have to eat carbs to be healthy, which is not true. http://www.diabetesforum.com/forum.php
    • Symptoms In Toddlers?
      Good evening, I tested positive about 15 years ago. I have a 3 year old son and a 1 year old daughter. I just had them both tested for Celiac's. Ped ran a celiac panel. My son the nurse said was all in normal range however my daughters IGA total was 23, range (24-121) so she test positive. The doctor wants to run more blood work to make sure it's not a false positive. My gut says she has it. She does not like any bread or cookies so she really only gets gluten from pasta and goldfish so to even test positive on an almost gluten-free diet make me concerned. Is there anything I should ask the doctor to test for or better tests for kids? I just don't want to miss anything.  Before when I would bring it up at visits the doctors always said that since they did not have any failure to thrive ( always top of growth charts) that they weren't showing any symptoms. I never had any issues with losing weight.  My only complains or constipation joint pain and gas which she has both. Thanks for any advice.    
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Acomys