#1 JoyfulM

JoyfulM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:13 PM

Ok, I've got a newbie question.

I was just diagnosed two weeks ago with DH and was put on Dapsone. My rash never itched to begin with and is my only noticeable symptom. How can I tell if I have eaten gluten? As much as I'd like to think that I managed to not eat gluten on Thanksgiving, with 80+ people around and 5+ tables of food with serving spoons everywhere I doubt it. Any advice would be wonderful! I haven't spoken with my doctor yet, but I go in to see her Wednesday. What questions should I ask about this?
joyful

Gluten free since 11/13/07

Change blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything. Creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle and then you choose. You can live in the wreckage and pretend it's still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild.
(slightly edited quote from Veronica Mars)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jparsick84

jparsick84

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:51 AM

Eventually you'll have to go off the Dapsone, and then you'll be able to tell if you've been accidentally glutenated by the rash. Mine appears 30-45 minutes after I've eaten something with gluten in it, but my rash itches so that's how I notice it. I would say to just keep an eye on your most common DH sites after eating something questionable. Some people it seems to take up to 3 days for symptoms to appear.

If this doesn't work, I would ask your doctor about it. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: