This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Getting Rid Of Yeast?

mama2two

mama2two Enthusiast

I have had problems with yeast for 2yrs now and I can usually keep it under control by taking grapefruit seed extract and taking good probiotics daily. any time my yeast gets out of hand, like if I have sugar, i end up with vaginal yeast infections. I also have on my hands what I have been told is eczema, but I met a lady at the health food store that said she had that d/t yeast, so maybe it's yeast, who knows. I know that those with celiac often have issues with yeast, and I am wondering what has helped others to get rid of yeast?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor

Oops! Thought this'd be the intestinal type.

<tom hastily backs out the door>

mama2two Enthusiast
Oops! Thought this'd be the intestinal type.

<tom hastily backs out the door>

I do think I have an overgrowth of intestinal yeast, I believe it is systemic because it keeps comming back when I treat it locally, so if you have had issues with yeast and have kicked it, please do tell me how?

loraleena Contributor

There are two products that I have heard good things about on here and many other places. Theralac and Threelac. I tried Threelac and it seemed to be helping, but it cause my intersticial cystitis(a bladder condition) to flare. It was the lemon juice in it. You need to starve the yeast and introduce healthy bacteria in the form of probiotics. It is not easy. I recomend you read more on the web.

BRUMI1968 Collaborator

zero sugar

zero fruit

zero starchy veggies

lots of (if you can tolerate)

coconut oil

garlic

onion

RAW sauerkraut

I find once I start eating fruit or sugar again, the problems come back. For me it is both bacteria and yeast, though always sort of subclinical -- I can tell I'm building it up just in the way I smell and feel.

Anyway, look into the Body Ecology diet?

loco-ladi Contributor

I have always been able to somewhat control my yeast issues with my old bread baking techniques

Sugar feeds yeast salt kills it

I "try" to balance my "sweets" with "salty's" yes occationally this gets away from me which I solve by going sweet free, but thats always a longgggggggggg few days

lots of (if you can tolerate)

coconut oil

garlic

onion

RAW sauerkraut

I didnt know about these things unfortunately i cant stand any of those!

• 2 weeks later...
yukionna Newbie

I had problems with yeast for years, itchy skin, yeastinfections etc. I skipped all food that contains yeast, don't use it in bread, buy yeastfree vegetablestock, whatever. I think yeast is also a flavor enhancer, which is why it is added to so many things...Anyhow, the abovementioned symptoms, esp. the yeastinfections have gone now, I can eat carcohydrates and sugery stuff (in limits, cause too manny sugars are bad wichever way you look at it) without any problems

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived