4 replies to this topic

#1 wowzer

wowzer

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

We had barbecued ribs for dinner. I noticed when I was cleaning the kitchen an empty bottle of Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce in the garbage after we bought Sweet Baby Ray's. Here is the list of ingredients: high fructose corn syrup, vinegar, water, concentrated tomato juice (water, tomato paste), modified food starch, salt, contains less than 2% molasses, papricka, spice, mustard flour, caramel color, guar gum, natural flavor, RED 40. I know that Kraft will list wheat, etc. on the label. So I'm hoping this is safe.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:20 PM

We had barbecued ribs for dinner. I noticed when I was cleaning the kitchen an empty bottle of Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce in the garbage after we bought Sweet Baby Ray's. Here is the list of ingredients: high fructose corn syrup, vinegar, water, concentrated tomato juice (water, tomato paste), modified food starch, salt, contains less than 2% molasses, papricka, spice, mustard flour, caramel color, guar gum, natural flavor, RED 40. I know that Kraft will list wheat, etc. on the label. So I'm hoping this is safe.

If a Kraft product does not list wheat, barley, malt and rye, you're good to go. Ribs sound good!
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:29 PM

Kraft Original is gluten-free, and like momma goose said, Kraft will list any gluten on the label. :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#4 wildkat

wildkat

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:46 PM

Even though I follow alot of the threads on this forum I still call the companies. Kraft was very good to deal with. They told me they do put a allergy alert on the label if something contains gluten, soy, milk, fish, or nuts (I think that about covers it.) They also sent me a bunch of coupons for the things I inquired about. Might have been because I had a list of items. Hershey's is the same way, although they didn't send coupons (darn it). I make alot of phone calls. If they don't have the phone number listed on the label, check the website of the company and they usually will have phone numbers there. I tell them I have a wheat allergy and I buy their product so I need to know if I need to find another product that does not have gluten in it. They become very helpful when you explain why you need it.

#5 wowzer

wowzer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

Thank you. The ribs were so good. When I saw the bottle of Kraft in the trash, I did read the ingredients. I just was surprised when we bought the bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's and then he used the Kraft. He will be glad to know that the Original Kraft is safe, it is his favorite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: