This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Mango04 Enthusiast

www.everydayminerals.com

Someone on this board recommended it to me like a year ago, and a I just I finally got around to ordering the free samples of foundation, blush and concealer last week. I really like it :)

So anyway, I just kind of went crazy, and ordered a foundation, three different concealers, two finishing powders, two blushes, lipgloss, blotting papers, and four eye colors :ph34r: ....but....all that was only $50 (one foundation from Bare Minerals is $25, so....that's a pretty good deal :D)

Does anybody else use this stuff? It's really, really natural (less ingredients than Bare Minerals and no parabens). From their website:

Everyday Minerals is:

Cruelty Free

Bismuth Oxychloride Free

Talc Free

Dimethicone Free

Gluten Free

Sulfate Free

Synthetic Preservative Free

Artificial Color Free

Artificial Fragrance Free

Petroleum Free

Mineral Oil Free

Paraben Free

Panthenol Free

Polymethyl Methacrylate Free

Boron Nitride Free

Trimethyloxysilicate Free

Surfacant Free

Polymethyl Methacrylate Free

Trisodium EDTA Free

Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate

Cyclopentasiloxane Free

C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate Free

Butylene Glycol Free

Diazolidinyl Urea Free

Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether Free

Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate Free

BHT Free

Octinoxate Free

Alcohol Free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cruelshoes Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip. I am going to check it out. I have wanted to try the Bare Minerals for along time, but have been too cheap.

Is the Everyday Minerals easy to use? How was your experience of buying makeup off the web? Were the colors that you chose right for you? I am not good with girly-makeup stuff at all, so am a little nervous about not having someone at the store show me how to do it. :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Those look very nice--I may try some of their stuff.

I'm using another brand of mineral makeup that I found out about on the board, as well. I used to use Bare Escentuals, but became sensitive (I believe) to the bismuth. I noticed when I wore it, my face itched and tended to break out.

Those lip glosses look great! :D Thanks!

Mango04 Enthusiast
Is the Everyday Minerals easy to use? How was your experience of buying makeup off the web? Were the colors that you chose right for you? I am not good with girly-makeup stuff at all, so am a little nervous about not having someone at the store show me how to do it. :)

I think it's easy to use, but I've been using mineral make-up for a while. The trick is to buff it into your skin (rather than brushing it on, if that makes sense).

I'd rather not buy it off the web, but they send you three foundation samples for free, and one of the colors I picked worked great (which is weird, b/c it's usually really hard for me to find a match).

The samples came really fast too. I ordered them on Friday and they came on Monday...it's worth trying the stuff out for free I guess (well, the shipping was a few bucks).

I really like the fact that it's more natural and healthy than most other make-ups. I also like that it's made in the USA. :)

Mango04 Enthusiast
Those look very nice--I may try some of their stuff.

I'm using another brand of mineral makeup that I found out about on the board, as well. I used to use Bare Escentuals, but became sensitive (I believe) to the bismuth. I noticed when I wore it, my face itched and tended to break out.

Those lip glosses look great! :D Thanks!

I know and they're only a few bucks each :D

What brand of mineral make-up do you use, Patti?

jerseyangel Proficient
I know and they're only a few bucks each :D

What brand of mineral make-up do you use, Patti?

I use Mineral Basics :)

Open Original Shared Link

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi Mango, I like the fact that this line is talc free.

Patti, do you know if your make-up is also talc free? I was told that was a problematic ingredient especially for sensitive individuals.

And how does each compare to Bare Minerals as far as coverage and etc?

I am still using my get started kit of Bare Minerals, I reacted to it initially (burning and itching) but gave it a break for a couple of months and then went back to it and for some reason I was fine with it after that :huh:

I would like to switch to mineral products that are purer, free of chemicals (Bare Minerals=not so natural :lol: ) but I paid for this so I am going to use it up :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mango04 Enthusiast
And how does each compare to Bare Minerals as far as coverage and etc?

The thing I like about Everyday, is they have different versions of the foundation. There's matte, semi-matt, intensive, glo...and something else I think. You can chose the best version for your skin type. The intensive version covers my acne scaring much better than Bare Minerals. The matte is nice too but a little too powdery for me and does not cover as well. I'm sure I'll have a more in-depth comparison soon :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Julie,

Here is an ingredient list--

Open Original Shared Link

Does not look like they use talc :)

Mango,

I'm thinking that your brand probably has better coverage than the one I'm using. It's not as good a coverage BE, but I don't react to it.

Rosebud710 Apprentice

Thanks for the tip Mango04!

I've always wanted to try out mineral make-up, but was too cheap to spend the money. I went on their website and ordered the free sample. I hope they'll work better than liquid foundation!

Mango04 Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip Mango04!

I've always wanted to try out mineral make-up, but was too cheap to spend the money. I went on their website and ordered the free sample. I hope they'll work better than liquid foundation!

Let us know how you like it :D

Krysten Newbie

I got my Everyday Minerals samples this week (you can test out colors & finishes of a few shades of the makeup, a concealer, and a blush for under 4 bucks). I like the matte finish--kept me shine-free after taking a walk & I tend to get oily. and the concealer is amazing! Normally concealer looks obvious on me, and I never tried a powder concealer, but I LOVE this! My only issues was w/the loose blish. Wasn't used to it & put too much on...can you say Raggedy Ann cheeks! I really love this brand & how affordable it is.

mftnchn Explorer

Yes, I use this! I couldn't use my makeup after going gluten-free, and also discovered I was allergic to bismuth when I was on treatment for h pylori. I already had to be careful because of allergies to makeup--like to fragrances, etc. So I was attracted to this because of the simple ingredients. I had to order something sight unseen as I couldn't find anything in China that even list ingredients let alone was a good color for me. So the samples attracted me too.

I've been using everyday minerals since August, and really like it. It was a learning curve as I had never used powder makeup, so have had to do some experimenting. I found the color I liked best after getting a couple samples. I first ordered a lip gloss plus samples, then another item plus samples, and finally a kit. I love that you can choose what is in the kits. Brushes are important.

I have found that the silk powder is great--keeps my skin in good shape. I put a thin layer of it under my foundation. With my aging skin, the powder sometimes seems to make the lines more pronounced, and I am still learning the tricks of that.

I still need to buy skin care products and mascara, but everything else I now use is everydayminerals.

I laughingly told a friend that this was one of the blessings of going gluten-free---otherwise I would have never discovered this!

Mango04 Enthusiast
I have found that the silk powder is great--keeps my skin in good shape. I put a thin layer of it under my foundation. With my aging skin, the powder sometimes seems to make the lines more pronounced, and I am still learning the tricks of that.

Oh good...I ordered the silk powder :D. I also ordered the pink finishing powder, which seems kind of strange, but I was persuaded by their description of it :lol:

confused Community Regular

thanks for everyone talking about this. I was just going to go on qvc on the 6th to buy bare minerals. but if i can buy this stuff that is cheaper, i am going to order this. Im sick of using makeup that i think is fine and turns out it isnt.

paula

Joni63 Collaborator

I'm so glad you brought this up Mango04. I checked out their website and their makeup looks great. I've been looking for something talc and gluten and fragrance free. Everyday Minerals has so little ingredents listed, I love it already. Ordering now samples and a few other things now.

Mango04 Enthusiast

So here's tip #1 for those of you who need a bit more coverage:

You can wear the make-up wet or dry. When the concealer is wet it provides really good coverage. :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

You can wear the make-up wet or dry. When the concealer is wet it provides really good coverage. :D

Good to know! Thanks to this thread, I just ordered my samples! :)

dlp252 Apprentice

I ordered my samples yesterday. I've been a Bare Minerals girl for many years, but my face is getting really sensitive, and started to break out. I've been trying True minerals, but my face is breaking out after only a few months, so I'm really excited to try the Everyday Minerals

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Thanks so much for posting this. I haven't been able to wear makeup in sooooo long. I am looking forward to recieving my samples and was overjoyed to see they take paypal. So nice not to have to use my charge card this time of year.

Perhaps it can get that awful green tinge out of my face, now if I could just gain some weight and get rid of that awful angular look and grow some hair I will be all set. :D

Green12 Enthusiast

Mango, look at all the sales you have made for this company just for mentioning it :lol:

Important question!!

Do you think the Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals brushes would work ok with this make-up??

Sherry mentioned how important the brushes were and I already have the brushes for my bare minerals so I was hoping not to have to buy new brushes.

mango, did you buy new brushes?

Mango04 Enthusiast

So far I've been using my BE brushes with the samples, and it's working fine. If you don't want to buy new brushes you'll probably be fine with the ones you have. I might buy some EM brushes soon though, so I'll let you know if it makes a difference.

I have a question though, what do you use to clean your BE brushes?

Mango, look at all the sales you have made for this company just for mentioning it

I know I should be their new marketing person LOL.

Green12 Enthusiast
I have a question though, what do you use to clean your BE brushes?

I just clean my brushes with my facial cleanser. I use the Earth Sciences line.

Do let me know when you buy the EM brushes and what you think of them!

jerseyangel Proficient
and grow some hair I will be all set. :D

If you figure out how to do that--please let me know :D

I'm so happy for you, Ravenwood, to be able to wear makeup again! :)

Mango, look at all the sales you have made for this company just for mentioning it :lol:

Important question!!

Do you think the Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals brushes would work ok with this make-up??

I was thinking the same thing about the sales Mango is generating!

I use my BE brushes with my other brand of mineral makeup--they do make nice brushes. I also just bought a new kabuki brush--the minerals go on so nicely with that.

mftnchn Explorer

Also, in your sample kits, try the different coverages of foundation. I use a one shade lighter foundation in the intensive formula for eye makeup, with a darker shade on the lid.

I love getting the sample kits. I thought I had a good match, until I ordered another color to try and it was really perfect. I couldn't believe the difference.

Important question!!

Sherry mentioned how important the brushes were and I already have the brushes for my bare minerals so I was hoping not to have to buy new brushes.

Ha ha, I should have posted on this sooner--sorry guys!!

Yes, the brushes would work, I am sure. I have one of the EDM brushes--it is nice. The rest I just bought in shops here, and since they are cheap, I have experimented to find some I like.

Those of you who already use mineral makeup should find it easy with the brushes you are already used to. I had the learning curve--I'd never used this before.

Another hint: Mix the colors. The lip glosses don't have that many colors, and many colors tend to turn kind of orange on my mouth, but I need a really pink/bluish hue and not yellow/orange. Now I first put a layer of my blush powder (jump rope color) on my lips, then use the neutral gloss to cover. Its the best color mix I have figured out as yet.

Archived