This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Rosebud710 Apprentice
What are your ladies favorites???

OK, here are my favorites:

Concealors: Combining Multi-Tasking with Pick Me Up Pink & Sunlight Color Corrector for my eyes.

Foundation: Golden Fair, Matte

Blush: Apple

Eye: Oasis and Countryside

Brushes: Eve Dual - love it for blush

Lip: Cherry Fizz - I have that in my purse - I use it all the time!

Can't wait to get my next order!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rosebud710 Apprentice
I have NO counter at all in my bathroom! There is about 2" of space around my sink, and then the toilet tank cover...that's it! :o I don't even have drawers in there, lol. I literally could not lay down on the floor if I had to and I'm only 5'3". :P So all my cosmetics, etc. are kept in a linen closet a few feet away from the bathroom. That's why I like the boxes with the handles so much I guess. :P

Same here!! But our linen closet is very far away! But what we lack in a linen closet nearby, we do have cabinets and drawers in our bathroom, plus about a foot of counter space on either side of the sink. I keep my make-up in a cabinet under the sink. It's tight, but it's easy to clean ;) !

Green12 Enthusiast

OH NO, not only do we have a EM obsession but now we have moved on to what to store our EM in?!?!?!

You know, I never gave that a second thought before, but I imagine just my 10 eyecolors alone will be hard to organize :D

I'd like to hear everyone's favorites so far.

What are your ladies favorites???

Well I've only gotten one sample kit, but so far I have pinned down my foundation color to cool multi-tasking (I am anxiously awaiting all of the other finishes to decide which one is best out of intensive, matte, semi matte or glo)

And I really like the mint concealer, it does an excellent job of covering red/ruddy areas, broken capilaries, rashes, etc.

And that's it for my short lonely list :lol: Hopefully I will get my second order very soon and I will have much more to add to this!

dlp252 Apprentice

:wub: The lovefest just continues! :lol:

So I tried Fair Medium-Intensive today (yesterday tried the semi-matte). I love this one two. I think either formulation will work for me...what a dilema, lol! :lol:

I also tried Cherry Fizz eyeshadow as a blush. It is such a pretty pink, but didn't really show up on me as a blush, so I did a little apple over it.

I also tried Good China and Birdhouse. Good China is light but pretty natural looking...makes a good eyelid base. Birdhouse is a little darker, but still fairly neutral. I tried the mistletoe (that's the green one right?) just along the lashes. Didn't want to go overboard since I wasn't planning to wear any mascara, but I like the little touch of green. This may be a first! :P I think it'd look great with a little mascara.

I need to pick up new mascara today while I'm out...the one I have is whoknowshowold...probably at least a year or two, lol. If I can't remember when I bought it, I'm sure it's too old. :P I'm sure it wasn't in my recent lifetime. :lol:

I tried Spring Pink lip gloss and it's just a little too light for me. With my darker hair, it just doesn't look right. I think it's because the color is too matte. It would look a little better if it were glossier or sparklier I think. Next time (didn't think of it earlier, lol) I'll try it with a clear shiney gloss over it to see if that helps.

You know, I never gave that a second thought before, but I imagine just my 10 eyecolors alone will be hard to organize :D

See, that's what I'm talking about! :lol: You get those 10 little containers in a shoe box and you just can't see what the heck your grabbing for, especially when there are a tons of brushes and other things in there with them. :lol:

Joni63 Collaborator
I have this cosmetic organizer--

Open Original Shared Link

in white...

I got it from QVC a couple years ago--it holds tons of stuff, and as much as I have, I haven't filled it yet.

Stupid site--the link doesn't work :angry: It's product # H01970 if anyone's interested :P

Oooh, Patti I really like that organizer. It looks like it can hold a lot...something I can really use. ;)

OH NO, not only do we have a EM obsession but now we have moved on to what to store our EM in?!?!?!

Well I haven't gotten one sample kit, but so far I have pinned down my foundation color to cool multi-tasking (I am anxiously awaiting all of the other finishes to decide which one is best out of intensive, matte, semi matte or glo)

And I really like the mint concealer, it does an excellent job of covering red/ruddy areas, broken capilaries, rashes, etc.

And that's it for my short lonely list :lol: Hopefully I will get my second order very soon and I will have much more to add to this!

You made out real well finding your perfect match foundation color. For some reason that was really hard for me. I really want to order that 10 eye color kit julie. There are so many pretty shades.

:wub: The lovefest just continues! :lol:

So I tried Fair Medium-Intensive today (yesterday tried the semi-matte). I love this one two. I think either formulation will work for me...what a dilema, lol! :lol:

I also tried Cherry Fizz eyeshadow as a blush. It is such a pretty pink, but didn't really show up on me as a blush, so I did a little apple over it.

I also tried Good China and Birdhouse. Good China is light but pretty natural looking...makes a good eyelid base. Birdhouse is a little darker, but still fairly neutral. I tried the mistletoe (that's the green one right?) just along the lashes. Didn't want to go overboard since I wasn't planning to wear any mascara, but I like the little touch of green. This may be a first! :P I think it'd look great with a little mascara.

I need to pick up new mascara today while I'm out...the one I have is whoknowshowold...probably at least a year or two, lol. If I can't remember when I bought it, I'm sure it's too old. :P I'm sure it wasn't in my recent lifetime. :lol:

I tried Spring Pink lip gloss and it's just a little too light for me. With my darker hair, it just doesn't look right. I think it's because the color is too matte. It would look a little better if it were glossier or sparklier I think. Next time (didn't think of it earlier, lol) I'll try it with a clear shiney gloss over it to see if that helps.

See, that's what I'm talking about! :lol: You get those 10 little containers in a shoe box and you just can't see what the heck your grabbing for, especially when there are a tons of brushes and other things in there with them. :lol:

Wouldn't it be nice if EM came out with a mascara? We should all email them and request it. LOL!

Yesterday I tried the Medium Beige Neutral in Semi-Matte and it seems perfect. I used Nick Nack blush and that one is really nice. Smokey Eyeliner and Spring Pink Lip Gloss. For eye shadow I used Silver Spoon. Hmm...what will it be today???

Oh and I tried and Lavender Everyday Everywhere Cream around my eyes for moisturizer. It's kind of like a smooth paste and the moisturing effects seem to last a long time. I put it on before bed and in the morning my skin still felt soft from it. It's a little expensive but like all their makup a little goes a long way.

I had to laugh last night when talking to my daughter (age 9) she told me she was going to ban me from the EM website for at least a day and ban me from ordering anything for a week. LOL! :D

cruelshoes Enthusiast

You guys are such enablers! I couldn't resist the draw of new brushes (Umm...the ones I have now are from the 80's), so I ordered my kit today. I'm not too sure about the free eye shadows that are coming with the special (Ginger Bread Man and Tinsel Time) - they look a little over the top for me, but I'll give them a a try. I went with the original glo because my skin is so dry. My skin is fair, and I have green eyes and medium-brown hair with red in it. Here is what I got:

Custom Kits: I Can't Believe It Kit

foundation: (Beige) Beige-Fairly Light Original Glo

foundation: (Cool) Cool-Fair Medium Original Glo

finishing powder: Natural Reflections Fair Large

concealer: Multi-Tasking Concealer

eye color: Cool Breeze Large

eye color: Good China Large

eye color: Cypress Large

eye color: Net Surfing Large

brush: Long Handled Kabuki Brush

brush: Everyday Eye Liner Brush

blush or face color: Swimming Pool

blush or face color: Chit Chat

blush or face color: Everyday Bronzer

I also ordered another free sample kit. The little sizes are so cute, and I am intrigued by what some of you are saying about the mint concealer. I can't quite wrap my mind around putting something GREEN on my face, but I decided to give it a go.

Custom Kits: Free Sample Makeup Kit

foundation: (Beige) Beige-Fairly Light Intensive

blush or face color: Jump Rope

foundation: (Cool) Cool-Multi-Tasking Neutral Original Glo

foundation: (Cool) Cool-Fair Medium Intensive

concealer: Mint Color Corrector

My husband thinks I has been replaced by the pod people. I haven't worn makeup since we first started dating. :lol: But this stuff feels so good on my face! I had always used the liquid foundation, and that ends up feeling like a mask. I put Everyday Minerals on yesterday morning, it only took a few minutes, and it stayed good all day. I even took a nap in the afternoon, and it still looked good. I have fair skin and lots of freckles. The freckles have always bothered me. I love the fact that this makeup evens them out a bit without looking fakey or masky.

I wonder what the SPF is on this makeup? The website says there is an SPF, but they can't tell what it is because of FDA regulations.

I thought the same thing as some of you - I need a new case for my makeup. The one I have (from the 80's like my brushes :blink: ) is way too small. I am definitely going to have to find one of those cases like you guys are talking about above.

Lots of fun!

jerseyangel Proficient

Colleen--

The SPF factor in mineral makeups does not come from an ingredient, but that the minerals themselves act to actually block the sun's rays from getting to your skin. That is the way I understand it--they act as a "block" literally.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mango04 Enthusiast

Wooohoooo....according to the usps traker website, my latest order has made it to San Diego! I wonder if I will get it today????!!!!???? :lol::D:P:rolleyes::):wub::wacko::D

Green12 Enthusiast

Jestgar, your order sounds great, welcome to the madness :lol: I think you will like everything.

:lol:

Donna, your new colors sound fabulous!

I use Ecco Bella mascara that can be found at most health food stores. I think Mango and Patti use it also. I love it and have used it for years, it doesn't bother my eyes at all.

I had to laugh last night when talking to my daughter (age 9) she told me she was going to ban me from the EM website for at least a day and ban me from ordering anything for a week. LOL

:lol: Joni

I didn't realize they had skin care products too? The lavendar cream sounds lovely....uh oh, something more to check out :lol:

My husband thinks I has been replaced by the pod people.

:lol::lol: Colleen.

I'm glad his makeup works for you and that you are having so much fun with it!

I look forward to hearing how you like all the colors in your order :D

Don't be afraid of the green :lol:, it really does cover up the red, just use a very little bit and with a light hand.

Green12 Enthusiast
Wooohoooo....according to the usps traker website, my latest order has made it to San Diego! I wonder if I will get it today????!!!!???? :lol::D:P:rolleyes::):wub::wacko::D

WOOOHOOOO for you!!!

I must go track down my order now :lol:

Mango04 Enthusiast
I wonder what the SPF is on this makeup? The website says there is an SPF, but they can't tell what it is because of FDA regulations.

Rumor has it that the SPF is equivalent to 19, but I don't know how correct that is. Patti's description is good though. I have very fair skin and I don't get burned with this on my face, even when I put it over acne medication that makes me more sensitive to the sun.

So, I wanted to share a good tip I've been reading about. I guess people with dry skin have success when they mix their minerals with a moisterizer, and apply it like a tinted moisterizer or liquid foundation. Might be a good idea for those of you who have problems with the make up flaking and such.

Also....makeupalley.com is really good place to find reviews and photos of the colors. You have to register but there's some good info. on the site. Just click on product reviews and search for Everyday Minerals - or for specific colors you want to know about :)

Green12 Enthusiast
So, I wanted to share a good tip I've been reading about. I guess people with dry skin have success when they mix their minerals with a moisterizer, and apply it like a tinted moisterizer or liquid foundation. Might be a good idea for those of you who have problems with the make up flaking and such.

Excellent tip Mango, thanks.

I am going to try that out and see if it gives me a less flakey result.

I just tracked my order, it said it left TX the 27th, so I could possibly get it today :D

I figured out my last order was like $27.50 BEFORE tax and shipping, DARN IT, had I known the special was for $30 orders I would have thrown in another lip color to get my total up there for the free brushes. I wanted those free brushes....

jerseyangel Proficient
I figured out my last order was like $27.50 BEFORE tax and shipping, DARN IT, had I known the special was for $30 orders I would have thrown in another lip color to get my total up there for the free brushes. I wanted those free brushes....

Darn it! :angry::angry:

:D

Mango04 Enthusiast
Excellent tip Mango, thanks.

I am going to try that out and see if it gives me a less flakey result.

I just realized I don't know how to spell. Moistur... Oh well. :lol:

I'm heading out and maybe when I come home there will be new make-up at my doorstep :D

Oh and Julie - one of my previous orders was a couple bucks short of $50, but I got the free gifts anyhow. So, maybe (possibly?) they were feeling nice when they packed your order :unsure: ?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Also....makeupalley.com is really good place to find reviews and photos of the colors. You have to register but there's some good info. on the site. Just click on product reviews and search for Everyday Minerals - or for specific colors you want to know about :)

OMG - I am obsessed wtih makeupalley.com.........I read it religiously, and every time I am about to make a makeup/fragrance/hair care purchase, I research it there!! Love that site! :)

Joni63 Collaborator
You guys are such enablers! I couldn't resist the draw of new brushes (Umm...the ones I have now are from the 80's), so I ordered my kit today. I'm not too sure about the free eye shadows that are coming with the special (Ginger Bread Man and Tinsel Time) - they look a little over the top for me, but I'll give them a a try. I went with the original glo because my skin is so dry. My skin is fair, and I have green eyes and medium-brown hair with red in it. Here is what I got:

Custom Kits: I Can't Believe It Kit

foundation: (Beige) Beige-Fairly Light Original Glo

foundation: (Cool) Cool-Fair Medium Original Glo

finishing powder: Natural Reflections Fair Large

concealer: Multi-Tasking Concealer

eye color: Cool Breeze Large

eye color: Good China Large

eye color: Cypress Large

eye color: Net Surfing Large

brush: Long Handled Kabuki Brush

brush: Everyday Eye Liner Brush

blush or face color: Swimming Pool

blush or face color: Chit Chat

blush or face color: Everyday Bronzer

I also ordered another free sample kit. The little sizes are so cute, and I am intrigued by what some of you are saying about the mint concealer. I can't quite wrap my mind around putting something GREEN on my face, but I decided to give it a go.

Custom Kits: Free Sample Makeup Kit

foundation: (Beige) Beige-Fairly Light Intensive

blush or face color: Jump Rope

foundation: (Cool) Cool-Multi-Tasking Neutral Original Glo

foundation: (Cool) Cool-Fair Medium Intensive

concealer: Mint Color Corrector

My husband thinks I has been replaced by the pod people. I haven't worn makeup since we first started dating. :lol: But this stuff feels so good on my face! I had always used the liquid foundation, and that ends up feeling like a mask. I put Everyday Minerals on yesterday morning, it only took a few minutes, and it stayed good all day. I even took a nap in the afternoon, and it still looked good. I have fair skin and lots of freckles. The freckles have always bothered me. I love the fact that this makeup evens them out a bit without looking fakey or masky.

I thought the same thing as some of you - I need a new case for my makeup. The one I have (from the 80's like my brushes :blink: ) is way too small. I am definitely going to have to find one of those cases like you guys are talking about above.

Lots of fun!

It is lots of fun! I think you will like the brushes. They work really well. Let me know how you like Swimming Pool, Cypress, Jump Rope and the Everyday Bronzer. I think our skin tone and hair/eye colors are similar so maybe we can compare? I have blue/green eyes, dark blonde hair and medium beige skin. The Chit Chat is a great blush for me and Cool Breeze works well too.

Hope you have fun with your order.

Hope it comes in for you, Mango04!

I use Ecco Bella mascara that can be found at most health food stores. I think Mango and Patti use it also. I love it and have used it for years, it doesn't bother my eyes at all.

:lol: Joni

I didn't realize they had skin care products too? The lavendar cream sounds lovely....uh oh, something more to check out :lol:

I looked for Ecco Bella last time I was in my local hfs. They only had something with wheat germ oil in it.

Yes, they have soaps and lotions. I really like this company. I've looked at a couple other online mineral stores and the prices are usually sky high. EM is great!

Rumor has it that the SPF is equivalent to 19, but I don't know how correct that is. Patti's description is good though. I have very fair skin and I don't get burned with this on my face, even when I put it over acne medication that makes me more sensitive to the sun.

I have tried the moisterizer with the concealer cream and it works very well. I bet it would really make the foundation look nice too...great tip.

I'm going to check out makeupalley.com now. Thanks!

I just tracked my order, it said it left TX the 27th, so I could possibly get it today :D

Oooooh, I hope you get the free brushes too. That would be nice of them!

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, so I got my bright blue Caboodles on-the-go-girl box, lol. Target also had the "train cases" like in one of the photos (only probably not as good quality), but I actually like the plastic one better. It's got three teirs...a bottom compartment, a swingup tray, then a little removable tray above that (that only covers part of that swingup tray). There's also a removable lipstick comparment insert thingy. I found that none of my tubes really fit in there, so I just took it out and my favorite glosses are in there. All my brushes and my eyelash curler and pencil sharpener are in the bottom compartment, and my favorite EDM stuff is in the swingup tray. I put my lip pencils and the one eyeliner pencil I have in that little removal tray. It all fits perfectly and I still have room for most of the rest of the stuff I've ordered. :lol:

I've decided I don't need to keep EVERYTHING in there--just my favorites and the ones I wear frequently, so I'm using the smaller pink one that I bought last week to hold the stuff I don't wear often.

Wouldn't it be nice if EM came out with a mascara? We should all email them and request it. LOL!

Yesterday I tried the Medium Beige Neutral in Semi-Matte and it seems perfect. I used Nick Nack blush and that one is really nice. Smokey Eyeliner and Spring Pink Lip Gloss. For eye shadow I used Silver Spoon. Hmm...what will it be today???

Oh and I tried and Lavender Everyday Everywhere Cream around my eyes for moisturizer. It's kind of like a smooth paste and the moisturing effects seem to last a long time. I put it on before bed and in the morning my skin still felt soft from it. It's a little expensive but like all their makup a little goes a long way.

:lol: Our first case of banishment! :lol: And, our first non-makeup review!! I've been eyeing that page every time I visit the website, lol.

My husband thinks I has been replaced by the pod people. I haven't worn makeup since we first started dating. :lol: But this stuff feels so good on my face! I had always used the liquid foundation, and that ends up feeling like a mask. I put Everyday Minerals on yesterday morning, it only took a few minutes, and it stayed good all day.

Yeah, see, people at work keep looking at me...I haven't worn makeup to work in 7-10 years, maybe more! My mom kept looking at me today...I know she was trying to figure out what was different. :P I HATE liquid foundation! I've used BE for years now, but before that I used a cream foundation...the kind that is in a compact and you put on with a sponge. I didn't like the feeling of that either, but at least I could sort of control how it went on.

NOt only does this stay on all day, but I haven't noticed any changing color or creases in my eyelids.

I don't think you used enough emoticons. :lol: :lol:

I didn't see it at my whole foods...maybe I'll have to take a trip to the mega WF...it's not very convenient, but it's huge, lol.

OMG - I am obsessed wtih makeupalley.com.........I read it religiously, and every time I am about to make a makeup/fragrance/hair care purchase, I research it there!! Love that site! :)

I LOVE makeupalley. Even though I don't wear (or didn't until I found this stuff, lol) much makeup, I'm a member over there, lol.

Hope you get the brushes...wouldn't that be a fun surprise.

Joni63 Collaborator
Okay, so I got my bright blue Caboodles on-the-go-girl box, lol. Target also had the "train cases" like in one of the photos (only probably not as good quality), but I actually like the plastic one better. It's got three teirs...a bottom compartment, a swingup tray, then a little removable tray above that (that only covers part of that swingup tray). There's also a removable lipstick comparment insert thingy. I found that none of my tubes really fit in there, so I just took it out and my favorite glosses are in there. All my brushes and my eyelash curler and pencil sharpener are in the bottom compartment, and my favorite EDM stuff is in the swingup tray. I put my lip pencils and the one eyeliner pencil I have in that little removal tray. It all fits perfectly and I still have room for most of the rest of the stuff I've ordered. :lol:

I've decided I don't need to keep EVERYTHING in there--just my favorites and the ones I wear frequently, so I'm using the smaller pink one that I bought last week to hold the stuff I don't wear often.

:lol: Our first case of banishment! :lol: And, our first non-makeup review!! I've been eyeing that page every time I visit the website, lol.

Congrats on the makup box. It sounds really nice. Plenty of space for your everyday items. Mine are still sitting in the shipping box, lol!

What do you think would work as an "on the go" bag though. I can't figure out what to use since the containers seem to leak out some of the powders. Ideas???

LOL! I have been on that website so much, it's really pitiful! :P

Anyone have problems with hairspray. I got my makeup on yesterday and thought I would spray my hair to hold it in place and WHAM 3 allergy zits popped up. I need an ultra senstivie skin hairspray?

dlp252 Apprentice

Egads, yeah, I haven't been able to use hairspray for years now. Didn't know they made one for sensitive types, lol.

Yeah, I have had problems with the powder leaking out...I think I've decided it's from the lids. That leakage though is one reason why I wanted the type of box I got, so that everything can sit in there flat and I don't have to turn the bag or box to carry it. My tiny containers aren't leaking and I've been thinking maybe that's because I haven't been using the lids to swirl my brushes in (well, okay, and I've only just received most of them, lol)...I've been turning the container completely upside down, then tapping a little mineral out onto a paper plate or a margarine tub lid, then swirling my brush in that. I've also been using a kleenex to wipe off the threads of the container before I put the lid back on. Anal for sure, but I HATE that powdery mess, lol.

As far as bags...the little pink container that I got last week is pretty small, but still not small enough to tuck into a handbag...Maybe zip lock bags--like those snack sized zip lock bags, lol?

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh, and I finally did break out, but I think it had more to do with the 6 chocolate truffles, 10 or more olives, 4 pieces of pumpkin tart and two cups or more of coconut milk I had on Christmas Eve/Christmas, lol.

Oh, and oh, lol, my stuff was in the shipping box for a long time too...hey, it's the right size. :P

Joni63 Collaborator
Egads, yeah, I haven't been able to use hairspray for years now. Didn't know they made one for sensitive types, lol.

Yeah, I have had problems with the powder leaking out...I think I've decided it's from the lids. That leakage though is one reason why I wanted the type of box I got, so that everything can sit in there flat and I don't have to turn the bag or box to carry it. My tiny containers aren't leaking and I've been thinking maybe that's because I haven't been using the lids to swirl my brushes in (well, okay, and I've only just received most of them, lol)...I've been turning the container completely upside down, then tapping a little mineral out onto a paper plate or a margarine tub lid, then swirling my brush in that. I've also been using a kleenex to wipe off the threads of the container before I put the lid back on. Anal for sure, but I HATE that powdery mess, lol.

As far as bags...the little pink container that I got last week is pretty small, but still not small enough to tuck into a handbag...Maybe zip lock bags--like those snack sized zip lock bags, lol?

I think your right about the makeup box. I love your idea about dumping the makeup into a margerine lid then using your brushes. I've been trying to squeeze my brushes into those small containers, swirling then tapping, but half the makeup ends up on the sink after I tap it. LOL!

Oh, and I finally did break out, but I think it had more to do with the 6 chocolate truffles, 10 or more olives, 4 pieces of pumpkin tart and two cups or more of coconut milk I had on Christmas Eve/Christmas, lol.

Oh, and oh, lol, my stuff was in the shipping box for a long time too...hey, it's the right size. :P

Yes, the holidays can be rough with all those goodies! :lol:

Well, I finally send EM my picture. I can't wait to get back their reply for color suggestions. :P

Rosebud710 Apprentice

Geez this thread goes fast!! I'm gone a half a day and so much goes on I can barely keep on top of it! ^_^

Donna, did you get your organizer at Target? I was going to check those out right away.

Hairspray - I got mine at Whole Foods, but I've seen it sold at our local Health Food Store - it's LA Something - it's all natural and no gluten. It smells nice too.

I don't know where they are based, but I ordered my products on Wednesday, or Thursday and they came in today :D ! (Or as Mango04 put it :P:P:D:lol:B):):wub: ) I'm glad I can try it out for New Year's Eve!

CtheCeliac Rookie

Love Everyday Minerals! They're natural, yet have great coverage!

dlp252 Apprentice
I think your right about the makeup box. I love your idea about dumping the makeup into a margerine lid then using your brushes. I've been trying to squeeze my brushes into those small containers, swirling then tapping, but half the makeup ends up on the sink after I tap it. LOL!

Well, I finally send EM my picture. I can't wait to get back their reply for color suggestions. :P

Yeah, there was just no way I would be able to get my BE kabuki brush in one of those tiny little lids, lol.

I am so excited to hear about your picture!!! And, even more excited to see how it works out for you.

Donna, did you get your organizer at Target? I was going to check those out right away.

I don't know where they are based, but I ordered my products on Wednesday, or Thursday and they came in today :D ! (Or as Mango04 put it :P:P:D:lol:B):):wub: ) I'm glad I can try it out for New Year's Eve!

:LOL Yes, mine came in about 7 days, and that was with the Christmas holiday in the middle!

Yes, I got it at Target. It is in the cosmetic section...very bright plastic, lol. I got the blue, they also had lime green, and I know it's available in purple and a few other colors, so hopefully your Target will have more colors. I think the small one only comes in pink. My Target had the larger one for around $14.

Love Everyday Minerals! They're natural, yet have great coverage!

Yes indeed!!!! :P:wub:

Green12 Enthusiast

Here's a link to the Ecco Bella mascara, they might have a store locator at the website:

Open Original Shared Link

I got my order!!!!!

Well, they must not have been feeling nice or generous when they packed mine because there weren't any free brushes in the box :( , not even the left over holiday eye shadows were included :lol::lol:

I LOVE all of my eyeshadows, the cypress green is gorgeous! ALL of them are gorgeous, I can't wait to try them.

I had my colors done several years ago and with my skin tone (fair), hair color (dirty blonde), and eye color (hazel) I am suppose to wear greens and browns and real earthy tones- all the colors I chose in my mini eye kit really hit the mark. Did I mention I was excited?? :D

I'll post more about them as I try them.

Donna, now you have me convinced I need a make up storage box, I guess Target is calling :lol::lol:

Also, great tip about using a tuperware lid to tap out the minerals and swirl the brush in. I'm going to have to steal that one from you. Brilliant! I kept looking at the little jar lids thinking, there has got to be a better way....I guess I couldn't brain, I had the dumb on that one :lol:

Joni, for an on the go carry bag, hmmm. It would have to be something that your little jars could lay flat I would think. I guess it wouldn't matter what you put it in as long as you put them at the bottom of your purse, or a place where they wouldn't get disturbed much, or turned over?

I actually have on of those cosmetic bag sets with several different sizes of bags large to small. When I used my BE I often used the smallest bag (it's rectangular in shape with a flat bottom), and just big enough for a jar of foundation, a jar of warmth blush, and my jar of mineral veil- then I packed the brushes and mascara tightly on top and zipped it up. This kept everything in there real secure and stable, then I put it in the very bottom of my purse. Something like that might work.

I don't have any suggestions for natural hairspray, I haven't used the stuff for years since I am so bothered by the smell of things so I don't really know what's out there in that department.

I have to say the little lids weren't even tight on all the jars in my order that came today :( I hate the thought of losing one tiny grain of these minerals and going to waste :lol:

Archived