This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Strange Question

missmelissa21

missmelissa21 Rookie

I'm still waiting for my GI appointment. Only 1.5 weeks away.

Something strange happens to me every night. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this.

I have anywhere from 2-4 bowel movements on a normal day. One during the day and one immediately after dinner. These two are the ones I consider normal. They are usually small and formed. Sometimes though, even though I feel complete after the second one, I find myself running to the bathroom. I need to go to the bathroom RIGHT NOW, kind of feeling. The next bowel movement is also formed, but is much larger than the other two combined. It is also very foul smelling. Even though it isn't diarrhea, it is still explosive. These always occur after dinner (my most significant meal). I don't understand why I can feel like I'm completely empty and then turn around and have to go to the bathroom BADLY 30 minutes later. It happens almost every night...Like clockwork.

I almost never have diarrhea, but I did a few times last month from an antibiotic reaction.

Does this happen to anyone?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Sounds like my routine for years until the 24 hour a day D set in 5 years before I was diagnosed.

One note, no matter what the GI says the results of your testing is make sure you try the diet for a good length of time. The truest test of the need for the diet is your response to it. Especially if the doctor says something like 'well your not celiac yet, keep eating gluten and we'll test again in a year or so and see if you have fully destroyed those villi so I can diagnose you officially.'

missmelissa21 Rookie

Ok...I'm glad that someone understands what I was talking about. I don't want to get to the point where I have diarrhea every day. I just want to feel how I used to feel.

One of my big fears is that the Dr. will say that there is nothing wrong with me. Then what do I do? I can't really go Gluten free easily right now. It is a really bad time for me to do a trial, while I'm in school and eating school food, where I would be unable to control my environment. I am on a full meal plan. I have access to a stovetop and a microwave, but the means for preparing my own food is limited. I go to a small school that offers a few "gluten free" options (I've seen gluten-free bread and muffins, but that's all).

Archived