This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Need gluten-free Breakfast Items For Work Brunch

lmvrbaby

lmvrbaby Newbie

We are having a work brunch Christmas get together on a Thursday. Bring a gift, get a gift sort of thing and so everything listed I can not eat with the exception of the fruit. I want to make something quick and easy to make and take the morning of so I can eat things other than fruit. I am up at 7, to work by 8:30 and our brunch is at 10:00. Any ideas?????? <_<

Thank you in advance.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

skyepie Newbie

I like to keep hardboiled eggs in the fridge. A couple of those peeled and sliced in a container would be good. Excellent source of protein as well! Can you do dairy? Cottage cheese with fruit, yogurt with fruit, etc. There are also frozen gluten-free waffles, Vans, I believe. I bought some that were berry waffles and I had my non-celiac friends salivating at the smell of them. They are so yummy, even without syrup.

I dislike work-related functions that center around food. I always feel like the discussion ends up being about my food and celiac.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Make some homemade cinnamon rolls

Bring Bacon

Fruit Salad's always go over well.

or Ambrosia Salad

WW340 Rookie

Maybe a crustless quiche. I really like them and you could make it the night before. It is not too difficult to make the morning of the event.

I have also seen a recipe using hashbrowns for a crust, but that would make it a little more time consuming to make.

celiac-mommy Collaborator
Maybe a crustless quiche. I really like them and you could make it the night before. It is not too difficult to make the morning of the event.

I have also seen a recipe using hashbrowns for a crust, but that would make it a little more time consuming to make.

I make the hashbrowned crusted quiche all the time, use frozen hashbrowns. I bake smaller versions in 2 cup ramikins and refrigerate--they heat up really well!! (just microwave for a bit) and are great for those who want/need portion control.

Guest j_mommy

I do the quiche:

Frozen hashbrowns

gluten-free sausage links(8)

eggs

milk

chedder cheese

On bottom of 8x8 place hashbrowns(just enough to cover bottom..more if you like)

Cook sausage links in micro, then cut into pieces and place on top of hashbrowns

in mixer mix 6 egss, 1 C milk, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 TBLsp dried parsley flakes..mix well and pour on top of sausage and hashbrowns

Top with shredded mild chedder

Bake at 350 for 45-55 min...watch for cheese to get bubbly

You cna make this the night before it heats up well!

From: WF,gluten-free cookbook for kids and busy Adults by Connie Sarros

Susanna Newbie

My fave is the breakfast scramble. do this the night before, then the morning of, you heat it in the microwave, and take to work in a crock pot:

Scramble about a dozen eggs, with salt and pepper to taste (I also add chives to mine)

Toast some tater tots in the oven (or hash browns, if you rather)

cook some sausages (or turkey bacon, or cubed ham)

toss together. Sprinkle cheese over top, heat until cheese melts. Serve. Accept raves.

My kids like it so much, they're requesting it for Christmas brunch.

Susanna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lmvrbaby Newbie

Thank you for your ideas. I have never made quiche before but there is always a first time. If it turns out well I may make it for Christmas for the family. Kids are always up for food. Thanks again!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I am eyeing up the quinche too. It looks like something I might think about sharing at our next work breakfast.

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

I just made one for a ladies brunch the other day...

8 eggs

1/2 cup sour cream

1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese

1/3 cup salsa

mix REALLY well. Pour in a greased 8" dish or pie plate - bake 25-30 minutes until set and puffed.

MMMMM....now I want more!

I also made gluten free donut holes. I know it's too late for tomorrow, but I can post the recipe for anyone who would like it.

Sweetfudge Community Regular

Made this one just this morning. It was delicious!

Open Original Shared Link

Archived