Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Stupid Co-workers!

7 posts in this topic

Ah, the gift-giving season has begun here. And what better to get your gluten-free co-worker but shortbread cookies or chocolate-covered pretzels.

Seriously, what are people thinking? It's well-known in my department that I don't eat gluten. (I wouldn't blame anyone if they didn't know about the dairy, soy or potatoes.) In fact, the shortbread gift-giver even arranged a holiday lunch where I called the restaurant to make sure I could get something gluten-free. How hard is it to give somebody canned peanuts instead?

So, what's the stupidest give you've ever gotten from gluten-eaters?

Ads by Google:

We do secret santa in my office. We each put 3 wishes on a piece of paper and pick names. No one gives cookies or things where I am. One coworker makes homemade Christmas bark but that is it.

This happens to me every year. I do not take any offense. Your co-workers are simply leaving the same gift for everyone. I take all the gluten goodies home and feed them to my husband and son.

You have the perfect "re-gift"! "Here you are, home-made cookies!"

Last year I was give a bottle of hand lotion that contained oatmeal.

twizzlers...

my former favorite candy.

My hubby would be happy to take them off your hands.... he thinks I dont know about his gluten stash in his locker at work, lol

Lucky for me all my friends know about my gluten issues and either give me GC's or I also have them trained to buy me fresh new plasitc containers to carry my food in to work....

At work we dont do anything but cards... way to many of us to organize anything