#1 gfmolly

gfmolly

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:04 PM

Hi all,
I am wondering if you could post your favorite potluck food so that I can get some ideas for an event I need to attend on Monday at my child's preschool.
Thanks!
Terri
Diary free 11/06-6/08
Now using a small amount of low-lactose dairy such as aged cheeses and yogurt. Yum!
Gluten-free since 4/07

"When you row another person across the river, you get there yourself."
- Fortune Cookie

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gfmolly

gfmolly

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:04 AM

Hi all,
I am wondering if you could post your favorite potluck food so that I can get some ideas for an event I need to attend on Monday at my child's preschool.
Thanks!
Terri

Bump!!
Diary free 11/06-6/08
Now using a small amount of low-lactose dairy such as aged cheeses and yogurt. Yum!
Gluten-free since 4/07

- Fortune Cookie

#3 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:18 AM

Can you post a recipe for YOUR favorite pot-luck food? Maybe we can help you convert it to gluten-free DF.

#4 larry mac

larry mac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:06 AM

Hi all,
Thanks!
Terri

I'm making scalloped or au gratin potatos for a Cristmas dinner. Is your lunch for adults or kids?

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

#5 gfmolly

gfmolly

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:45 AM

I'm making scalloped or au gratin potatos for a Cristmas dinner. Is your lunch for adults or kids?

best regards, lm

My potluck is for adults and children. I don;t think I could do au gratin because of the cheese.

My favorite types of potluck recipes are the kind with noodles and pasta sauce and cheese! I'm not sure if that's helpful or not. I love tinkyada noodles and I can have goat's cheese. Any other ideas?
Terri
Diary free 11/06-6/08
Gluten-free since 4/07

- Fortune Cookie

#6 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:15 PM

There is a soy sour cream and soy cream cheese, both dairy-free--maybe those could help substitute for your cheese ingredients? Also, many delicious cheeses are made from sheep's milk--can you have those?

Maybe you could just make your favorite recipes, but use Tinkyada and cheese substitutes?

#7 Cheri A

Cheri A

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

Can you take a crock pot? How about a Chicken Taco Soup, without cheese or sour cream.
Mom of:
Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.
Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

#8 larry mac

larry mac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:23 PM

deleted

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

#9 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:45 PM

I took squash soup to a potluck tonight. Very easy. Just takes time.

Cut 3 acorn squash in half. Put a tsp. of brown sugar and sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg in the cavities and a tsp. of butter substitute(ghee or earthbalance) and bake them on a sheet in the oven for 1 -1 1/2 hrs. at 350. Saute 1/2 an onion and 2 ribs chopped celery in some olive oil in a stock pot until tender. Add 1 clove minced garlic and 6 sage leaves. Add the squash that's been scoped out of the skins. Pour in 4 cups chicken broth and season with salt, pepper, and dash cayenne pepper. Add soymilk(or almond milk) and additional broth to your liking. Puree half or all of the soup. You could transfer it to a crockpot.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#10 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:49 PM

My favorite types of potluck recipes are the kind with noodles and pasta sauce and cheese! I'm not sure if that's helpful or not. I love tinkyada noodles and I can have goat's cheese. Any other ideas?

Yes, Paula Deen's Baked Spagetti, YUM!

http://www.foodnetwo...6_24294,00.html

I successfully made this gluten-free with tinkayada pasta (I used fettucini) and instead of making the sauce I used what I had on hand, Amy's Family Marinara (I used 1 1/2-2 jars). Instead of the cow's milk cheese you can use your goat cheese.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: