Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Stool That Smells Like Vomit

9 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

You could have eaten something with gluten in it???

My poo is really stinky and gross when I was eating gluten and now if I get CC'd.

Other thing maybe something that was really fatty?

You could have eaten something with gluten in it???

My poo is really stinky and gross when I was eating gluten and now if I get CC'd.

Other thing maybe something that was really fatty?

I'm not on a gluten free diet yet. Gonna get tested first. :huh:

Do you relate to the smelling like vomit thing?

This could be your answer: still eating gluten

Anytime the gastro tract is upset poo gets to have a funny color: orangey, yellow and odor. It's a sign of maldigestion.

Just this summer I had my gallbladder out and after the surgery for weeks I had orangey poo. Doctors weren't concerned over it. It went away as I healed. But I had a lot of gastro upset and maldigestion and diarreah.

Yes I think it can be a sign of malabsorption, not digesting your food. The vomit smell is because that is essentially what it is, the food passes undigested or only partially digested from your stomach and through your intestine.

I don't remember, are you in the process of testing, waiting for an endoscopy or so?

Pauliina

I haven't had any tests yet, I'm waiting to get into to GI doctor. I did an experiment where I cut gluten out of my diet for a week and a half, and I did notice a difference. My digestion was closer to normal than it has been in a long time after a week, and when I reintroduced gluten (I reintroduced it at breakfast and lunch one day and then didn't eat it again for the next 48 hours) I had a lot of what I used to call depression/anxiety for the next couple of days... this feeling I've had so many time, like there was something wrong, but I didn't know what (well, now I do!).

I hope you don't need to wait too long! Good luck with the testing. :)

Pauliina

Thinking back, I used to get this once in a while before being diagnosed. I can relate--good luck with your testing, and I hope that you don't have to suffer with gluten for much longer. :):)