8 replies to this topic

#1 irish

irish

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 11:33 PM

I will be traveling to San Diego in a couple of weeks. Does anyone of any gluten free restaurants. Thanks Loretta

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pegom1

pegom1

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:51 AM

heading to the West Coast mid Aug. Any suggestions on where to eat out? Thanks!

#3 burdee

burdee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:07 AM

I'm heading to San Diego in October, so I'd also appreciate info on celiac friendly restaurants. I located a gluten-free retailer near the airport (Gluten Solutions), but need some restaurants whose waiters/chefs speak 'celiac' or might be able to grasp the concept of gluten free/dairy free. ;)

I live in Seattle, WA, so if 'pegom1' would be visiting the Seattle area, I can list some great celiac friendly restaurants here, including "Outback" (OK, you have go come armed with your own gluten-free menu choices to some of those), P. F. Chang's where they speak fluent 'celiac', but best of all, "Kaili's Kitchen" run by a celiac who prepares a totally gluten free menu with some Gluten-free Casein-free choices and brws her own gluten-free beer. Anyway, if you're heading to Seattle, let me know and I'll list more Seattle celiac friendly restaurants. :)
BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

#4 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:04 PM

For those of you who will be traveling to San Diego and surrounding areas, there is a great website you should check out. They list restaurants, grocery stores, and other information about being gluten free in San Diego!

Gluten Free in San Diego

God bless,
Mariann
:)
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#5 pegom1

pegom1

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:12 PM

Burdee- not heading to Seattle this time- San Diego and Anaheim-but thanks!

#6 pegom1

pegom1

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:20 PM

gf4life
Thanks for the great website! I live in NY and was diagnosed about 3 1/2 years ago. I had been stumping my doctors as to what my problem actually was. I was on vacation and made the mistake of "Dining with Shamu" at SeaWorld. I was violently ill that night and had to have a Doctor come to the hotel! HE was the only dr to suggest a food intolerance. 3 months later I had my diagnosis. THis time I will be informed and NOT be Dining with Shamu! I have loaded all the info from the website you provided in to my Palm Pilot that has various menus and commercial product info.THANKS!

#7 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:47 PM

burdee,

I'm heading to Seattle for a business trip next week, so I'd love it if you could post those suggestions!
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#8 lisabarella

lisabarella

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:48 PM

Trader Joes in SD.
La Jolla - 858-546-8629
Pacific Beach - 858-272-7235
They have gluten free food.
Lisa
Lisa A. Barella, PhD
Reno, NV
Confirmed Celiac by biopsy - July 18th 2003
4 people in family with Celiac Disease (mom, two brothers, me)
lisabarella at hotmail dot com

#9 burdee

burdee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 07:30 PM

OK, Tiffany. Here's a list of Seattle restaurants which feature gluten free entrees. Since I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Seattle area, I just listed the names, phone numbers and general location. If I didn't recognize the exact location, I just indicated 'Seattle'. :unsure: Call individual restaurants for directions.

Bonefish Grill
Downtown Seattle
206-405-2663

Cafe Flora
East Seattle
206-325-9100

Chez Shea
Pike Place Market
Downtown Seattle
206-467-9990

Dahlia Lounge
Downtown Seattle
206-682-4142

Flying Fish
Downtown Seattle
206-728-8595

Fandango
Seattle
206-441-1188

Kaili's Kitchen (totally gluten-free)
Edmonds (No. of Seattle)
206-542-1462

Outback Steakhouse
North Seattle
206-367-7780
South Seattle
206-839-1235

Painted Table @ Alexis Hotel
Downtown Seattle
206-624-3646

Sanmi Sushi
Seattle
206-283-9978

Shamiana
Kirkland (East of Seattle)
206-524-3664

Shamiana
North Seattle
206-524-3664

Wasabi Bistro
Seattle
206-441-6044

Wild Ginger
Downtown Seattle
206-623-4450

P. F. Changs China Bistro
Bellevue Square (East of Seatte)
425-637-3582

P. F. Changs
Westlake Mall (Downtown Seattle)
206-393-0070

Flying Apron Organic Bakery
University District (N. of Seattle)
206-526-2903

Have a great trip. :D
BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: