This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Im So Lucky

confused

confused Community Regular

To have such great parents. Yesterday they came to see me, first time they have left the house since the doggie passed away. Well my dad brought me a couple of articles from the paper and a few glut4en free recipes. I was crying like an baby cause they thought of me, and because i know so many on here dont have families that get this disease at all. And yet my parents are the best. They even talked us into going home for the holidays and they are willing to cook the whole meal gluten free and are going to buy new dishes to cook it all in. Of course i have to tell them what they have to buy and stuff, but i just thought it was so wonderful.

I really dont think i would be coping with all of this if it wasnt for my family and the support i get on here.

Im still nervous about christmas eve, since it will be at hubbys sister. She makes a huge spread of mexican foods, like chicken mole, posole, enchiladas and such. She does have crohns so she might be able to make something that i can eat, if not i can make something that i can eat. Or heck i will just drink til im merry and not worry about food, believe me i will need to drink to be with all of that family lol. Just pray i dont tell them how i really feel after everything they pulled when the brother passed away.

They eve got me a hotel room with an kitchen, just in case i do have to cook some of my own food.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Oh Paula, they sounds like wonderful parents. I am glad you have the bond with your parents, there are a lot of people I know who are not close with their parents at all. My mom is like my best friend. I know how you feel about being lucky. :)

confused Community Regular

They are the best parents any person can have. My mom is my best friend, she was my maid of honor when i got married, people were kinda shocked i picked her, but it was the best choice. I think they are just so happy that i finally found what was wrong with me, cause for so many years i would always get so sick when we had parties or celebrations and i would get so sick at them. I even left my husband to be on the alter cause i was so sick and had to run to the bathroom. I cant wait to renew our vows for our 10th anniversary ad my parents 35th next year.

paula

woolwhippet Explorer

I am so happy for you. You are lucky to have wonderful parents but they are alo lucky to have a child who appreciates their efforts!

mamaw Community Regular

Glad you have a wonderful ,caring family. It makes life so much easier....enjoy your holidays.........

mamaw

An-Onion Rookie

I'm so jealous. My parents keep trying to get me to reintorduce gluten into my diet "so you will build up a resistance", despite the massive improvements to my health in the two months I've been Gluten-free Casein-free. And even with them seeing what happened when I glutened myself this weekend. :( :(

Hopefully I'll actually stay healty enough to keep a job and can move out soon.

babygirl1234 Rookie

you have great parents, my family well they can pretty much care less if i eat or not, the only one that cookes what i can have is my aunt she has to cook what i can have because i live with her, but my other aunts can give a you know what about me, its always what they want do they ever call me to see what i can have? hell no, i just go to family things just to keep the peace, otherwise i wouldnt be going, dont you just hate when family members ask you "why are you on this diet you dont have to be your fine" in so many words i feel like saying hello stupid im on this diet because i cant have gluten in otherwords NO WEAT OAT BARLY ect and when you tell them for the 100000th time they look at you like you have 2 heads

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived