Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Fever When Exposed To Gluten

7 posts in this topic

My newly diagnosed gluten intolerant 4 year old has suffered from unexplained low-grade fevers his entire life. On Saturday, he was mistakenly exposed to gluten and, in addition to the typical rash and intestinal symptoms, he is also running another low-grade fever.

Is this just a coincidence or is a fever after gluten exposure normal?

Ads by Google:

I had a low grade fever when I was the sickest before I found out what was wrong. I have heard other have had this happen too.

I think I have had a low grade fever with a glutening. Haven't had enough experience with it to be sure. I also read about that elsewhere on this forum once.

I get low grade fevers with gluten and anything I am sensitive to like most fragrances and chemicals.

I used to get low grade fevers before I was diagnosed, and then after while getting used to the diet and having the occasional mishap.

I don't get this symptom anymore, though, after 2+ years gluten-free.

I was ill for years before being diagnosed, and I used to think I just got sick a lot--

During the last couple months before we put my older son on a gluten-free diet, he was having unexplained low-grade fevers every single day. That went away very quickly once he was on the diet. When he gets accidentally glutened, he will often get a low fever as well.

Yes, my 4 yo and sometimes my 2 yo get a low grade fever when glutened. It is a low enough fever to be considered "normal" (usually under 101), but he/they definitely run hot for two days. This is in addition to behavior changes, symmetrical skin rashes, and changes in BMs.

Cathy