This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Double Dq3

cwj-tlj

cwj-tlj Rookie

Just back from Mayo...Forget going there for help unless you have the classic celiac genes. I am having severe reactions with each accidental glutening. Neuro symptoms worsening with also now BiPolar symptoms . Anyone know about this? Thanks

Bx neg after gluten-free 8 mo

Blood neg after GF8 mo

enterolab + caseine and gluten DQ3/DQ3

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Doctors are idiots in this country. The majority of them do not even realize that there are neurotoxic features to gluten intolerance. You have got to help yourself unfortunately. The only thing you can do is to do your best to be as gluten free as you possibly can. Do not take any chances on CC issues, many can but you can not. At least not now. Go with as much pure unprocessed food as you can and for right now you should consider dropping dairy (casien as well as lactose). After you have been neuro symptom free for a couple of months then challenge dairy and make sure it is not having a similar effect.

My DS is now showing strong bipolar symptoms, I have at times also. I was actually diagnosed with a rare seizure disorder, sub-illeal seizures, I spent years on a very toxic antiseizure drug that caused my hair to fall out and almost destroyed my liver. I have no seizures gluten-free, period. In doing research I found that a lot of brain disorders seem to be relieved by the gluten free diet. You may want to consider googling bipolar and celiac or gluten intolerance. You will be surprised by how much comes up, you will most likely not be surprised that most is not from the US.

One more very important thing to check is all your meds, every last one. OTC and script meds have NO labeling laws in effect. Generics are particularly dangerous. Do not trust that your doctor or pharmacist has checked. Do it yourself and do it by contacting the company that makes the drug as many gluten-free drug lists are not as accurate as we would like. Not their fault, binders change and any gluten-free list is only accurate the day it is made. This applys to food also. Oh and make really sure you have eliminated it from toiletries and personal products also.

Wish I could be of more help, both for you and for me. My sons situation is getting critical and I am helpless right now until he decides to help himself.

One more thing that I want to note. If your bipolar features are not relieved by making your diet very strict and eliminating casien also please do not hesitate to talk to your doctor about this. Give it a good shot but if you start becoming suicidal or violent you can not ignore it and hope it goes away. In my case it was extremely tied to my gluten consumption and once gluten free I would show symptoms for only 1 to 3 days after a glutening then it would lift. I chose not to medicate because the problem is so limited. It the problem is more long lasting with you or never really seems to lift you should consider talking to a doctor about getting more help. Once we form lesions in the brain they are not always resolveable by just the gluten-free diet.

Archived