This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gf Antacid Brands

McDougall

McDougall Apprentice

I already posted on meds here but I am having a hard time getting up to date accurate non-conflicting info. I have used Pepcid complete chewables for about a year and they do an excellant job at reducing the acid in my belly. I read a post here after a search on "pepcid" a letter from the manufacturar was provided with a very vague,clearly uninformed description of their products (how messed up is that? and appartently common I'm finding) so I switched to pepcid ac capsule that seemed safer, though still not certian and this is the ONLY product I am consuming I am uncertian about right now. I hate the caps because the relief takes longer and I'm think they may be less effective overall. So I'm back on the pepcid ac complete chewable caps, they are working great. I am 122 hours gluten-free and feeling about 5000% better but don't want to consuming ANY evil gluten at all. Again I trust you all on this more than the manufacture I think is why I'm repeating myself here.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

I take prescription prevacid

cdford Contributor

If you are using an OTC version, go to your local Kroger and get their generic version manufactured by Perrigo (in a gluten-free facility). The Perrigo logo looks like a rounded edged rectangle with a comma thing hanging off the right side. You may also find this manufacturer's stuff at Wal-mart or Target, but you have to look for the logo since not all their OTC meds are made of Perrigo.

Donna

tom Contributor

I used to take those sorts of things. McD, if your recovery continues to resemble mine, u won't need any either in a month or 6 wks.

I was mainly using a generic otc acid-reducer.

Archived