Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

New Here... Thing Gluten And Other Food Problems Could Be Life-long Problem With Depression Etc

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#16 CuriousOne

CuriousOne

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

psipsina, i'm glad i decided to check this message board since its been awhile... just saw you responded to me today.

Yes, I have been considering candida...

I know I reacted badly to the gluten challenge. Haven't touched gluten since. Maybe 2.5-3 months now. But I think I may have issues with candida...definitely...

So I'm wondering if I should go see a doctor or something...but I don't know who I can see with my insurance...

I definitely consistently fail the spit-test... but I wonder... do any "non-candida" people fail the spit test????

Thanks..
I eat whatever I want. But I listen to my body. I just can't eat a lot of diary or grains. If I do eat them, I savor and chew them slowly and well... I don't like feeling sluggish and if I eat alot of those things I start feeling sluggish. I feel very cleaned out now. I like to eat lots of raw fruits and veggies. I think for me I just can't eat things that are inflammatory, and dairy and all grains are inflammatory to me. So looks like I'll be eating mainly fruits, veggies, wild or grass-fed meats, and figure out what other stuff I can eat thats not too inflammatory. I'll probably also drink wine or brandy and use other plants things that are anti-inflammatory. Yeah!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 CuriousOne

CuriousOne

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

By the way, I do not think I've ever taken anti-biotics but I can check with my mother.
BTW - I just took the full candida quiz on candidafree.com.... and it said I probably don't have a yeast problem...
So I'm thinking either thats untrue...
Or I really do just have a gluten intolerance problem that caused a leaky gut...

?

I just wish things would get better. They are okay but I've had setbacks..
I eat whatever I want. But I listen to my body. I just can't eat a lot of diary or grains. If I do eat them, I savor and chew them slowly and well... I don't like feeling sluggish and if I eat alot of those things I start feeling sluggish. I feel very cleaned out now. I like to eat lots of raw fruits and veggies. I think for me I just can't eat things that are inflammatory, and dairy and all grains are inflammatory to me. So looks like I'll be eating mainly fruits, veggies, wild or grass-fed meats, and figure out what other stuff I can eat thats not too inflammatory. I'll probably also drink wine or brandy and use other plants things that are anti-inflammatory. Yeah!

#18 psipsina

psipsina

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:42 PM

By the way, I do not think I've ever taken anti-biotics but I can check with my mother.
BTW - I just took the full candida quiz on candidafree.com.... and it said I probably don't have a yeast problem...
So I'm thinking either thats untrue...
Or I really do just have a gluten intolerance problem that caused a leaky gut...

?

I just wish things would get better. They are okay but I've had setbacks..

I know there is a stool test that they can do to test for candida overgrowth. I had it done with a naturopathic doctor so I'm not sure if a regular doc that insurance would cover would or wouldn't do the same test. That test was the cheapest out of all the ones I did so it might be worth it to pay for the initial visit with a naturopath and the test (I think the test was only 50 bucks). I thought for a while that everyone must fail the spit test but I made my husband do it and he passed so maybe there is something to it. My best friend failed it and is refusing to do anything about it because giving up gluten is "too hard". As much as the restrictive diets can suck I feel like not knowing whats really wrong with you and suffering throughout your life with something that could be fixed is even worse.
Pre-diagnosis misdiagnoses: endometriosis, migraines, psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis
Diagnosed April 2006 with multiple food sensitivities (gluten, yeast, eggs, cow dairy, legumes, some nuts and veggies) and a systemic candida infection -no pre-diagnosis symptoms since!

#19 CuriousOne

CuriousOne

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:46 AM

I have no issues with being on a restrictive diet.. definitely no issues with that.

I just am trying to figure out what it is. Its only been 3 months gluten free. 2 months dairy/soy free. So if gluten-intolerance was my main issue (which caused leaky gut - don't know why else I would be intolerant to dairy/soy)... then maybe I just have many many many more months to go...

Seems it can take up to 18 months for the neurological stuff to subside.

Then again I could have candida and that is either the cause of leaky gut or just a side effect of gluten intolerance. I do fail the spit test...?

Well I think the important thing is that I now have ideas and things to look out for. I know what I can try to tackle when I'm ready to do it. Before I was a lost little boy wandering around a pitch black forest with no exit.

#20 psipsina

psipsina

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

I have no issues with being on a restrictive diet.. definitely no issues with that.

I just am trying to figure out what it is. Its only been 3 months gluten free. 2 months dairy/soy free. So if gluten-intolerance was my main issue (which caused leaky gut - don't know why else I would be intolerant to dairy/soy)... then maybe I just have many many many more months to go...

Seems it can take up to 18 months for the neurological stuff to subside.

Then again I could have candida and that is either the cause of leaky gut or just a side effect of gluten intolerance. I do fail the spit test...?

Well I think the important thing is that I now have ideas and things to look out for. I know what I can try to tackle when I'm ready to do it. Before I was a lost little boy wandering around a pitch black forest with no exit.

It is definitely empowering to at least know your on the right path towards health. With me two weeks on the candida treatment and diet and my neurological symptoms disappeared! I didn't even realize what a cloud I was living in for years until it was lifted. I've been trying to talk my best friend into going to see a naturopath because she has all the symptoms but she is terrified of the restrictive diet. I'm weird in that I like the challenge of it and I like knowing that my health is in my own hands. Good luck figuring out what will work best for you!
Pre-diagnosis misdiagnoses: endometriosis, migraines, psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis
Diagnosed April 2006 with multiple food sensitivities (gluten, yeast, eggs, cow dairy, legumes, some nuts and veggies) and a systemic candida infection -no pre-diagnosis symptoms since!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: