Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Soybeans

3 posts in this topic

Ok here I go agin. What is wrong with SOY anything. I thought the only Soy we had to worry about was Soy Sauce and to make sure it did not contain wheat. :unsure:

Help Snowball

Ads by Google:
Ok here I go agin. What is wrong with SOY anything. I thought the only Soy we had to worry about was Soy Sauce and to make sure it did not contain wheat. :unsure:

Help Snowball

Soy itself has nothing to do with gluten. Most soy sauces contain wheat, so they should be avoided. However, many people have intolerances to soy, so if you have a soy intolerance you must stay away from all sources (soybean oil, soy sauce, soy flour, and some people avoid soy lecithin also.)

If you have no problem with soy, dive in but be sure to read ingredients to avoid wheat (especially in soy sauce). I hope i helped!

Help Snowball

Soy intolerance is very common. I cannot have any soy. It actually creates a reaction just a strong as gluten for me. If you find out that you need to avoid soy as well, make sure you watch out for vitamin E. It is very often derived from soy.