Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Menu Recommendations For Pf Chang's?

20 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I know that PF Chang's has a gluten-free menu, and I was wondering if there are any favorites that I just have to try? Or, if there is anything unusually bad that I should avoid?

Thanks

Ads by Google:

when my husband and I go together (just us, not as a bigger group), we share off the gluten-free menu (though he's not gluten-free). we *always* get the gluten-free lettuce wraps and the garlic snap peas. for an entree, we often switch between chang's spicy chicken, ginger chicken with broccoli, lemon chicken. we tried the dali chicken (which is new) recently, and it's fascinating (but good), and I like the salmon with ginger (but my husband doesn't like the mushrooms) and singapore street noodles.

ordering the appetizer, entree, and vegetable dish, however, means we often have a bit of leftovers, and never any room for the chocolate dome, which is a shame, because that this is delicious!

Phillips lemon chicken and the Singapore street noodles and of course the chocolate flourless dome is delicous.

The lettuce wraps are awesome. My husband and I also get Chang's spicy chicken and the ginger chicken and broccoli to share. Make sure they bring out the gluten free soy sauce...the stuff is fantastic. Enjoy!

I had almost given up on PFChangs dinner menu because everything I had tried I didn't like enough for the price (plus an hours drive). But I tried the shrimp and lobster sauce (not sure the exact name) over the Christmas break at home and it was delicious. and of course the chocolate dome is a must, whether I have room or not :lol:

Mmmmmm.

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Changs Spicy Chicken

Singapore Street Noodles

Chocolate Dome

I go between these choices every time I go. I love them so much, I haven't had to branch out to try anything else. I always take some extra $$ and get an order of Changs Spicy Chicken to go. It reheats for lunch very well for a couple of days - and I never get tired of it. I really could eat it every day.

Enjoy!

I would suggest staying away from the moo goo gai pan. I think that is how you spell it. Very bland. Not much flavor at all.

Hey everybody,

Thanks for the feedback on PF Chang's. It sounds as though most of you are delighted with many of the items on the gluten-free menu, especially the dessert. I'll keep your suggestions in mind, and look forward to trying them.

Thanks

The lemon scallops are my favorite... I always love scallops, and these ones are just awesome! Very flavorful. I get them every single time I go there, so I don't have much experience with the rest of the menu. :)

I did try some of the lettuce wraps that my mom got there once, and they were amazing too.

~Sara~

But I tried the shrimp and lobster sauce (not sure the exact name) over the Christmas break at home and it was delicious. and of course the chocolate dome is a must, whether I have room or not :lol:

I LOVE the shrimp with lobster sauce! That's my favorite. In fact, everything I've had has been really good - EXCEPT for the ginger/broccoli chicken (bland, and the chicken was surprisingly overcooked).

The "cake" - I can't even believe they call it that! - was SO dark and SO dense - quite good but nothing like cake, more like.....really dark fudge? I'd order it with whipped cream next time. ;)

I just ate here last week for the first time... we were on vacation and there was one in walking distance form the hotel. I LOVED the lemon chicken!!! WOW!! then we went back again cuz hubby wanted the lemon chicken, so we ordered that and the spicy chicken... very good!!! I really want to try the noodles and the lettuce wraps next, I found one about an hours drive from where we live, so it will just be a once in a while treat, but well worth it!!

Question on the Singapore Noodles: The chicken and/or shrimp in it appears to be breaded a bit; is this just cornstarch?

Yum!!! I LOVE Changs and have never had a bad experience. In our area, right before the holidays they added some new gluten free options to their menu. I love the Changs Spicy Chicken and the Dali Chicken. FYI, the Dali Chicken is really spicy, but good. Also, if you are a vegetarian, they can do the Dali Chicken without the chicken, just potatoes in the spicy sauce. The Chocolate Dome is soooo good, so save room for that as well!

How fantastic is it to be able to go out with your family/friends and eat like we used to before Celiac? I love PF Changs :)

Enjoy - Maureen :)

Question on the Singapore Noodles: The chicken and/or shrimp in it appears to be breaded a bit; is this just cornstarch?

Yes, when they "bread" items for the gluten-free menu, they use cornstarch

They will also add broccoli to the spicy chick or lemon chicken if you like some veggies in your dinner.

I love the Changs Spicey Chicken, but I order it without the Chili Paste, because I don't really like the spice, just the fried-like chicken, and the onion flavor left when there is no chili paste :)

I love the chicken wraps and could eat them for my meal but DH always wants to share. The salmon is really good.

Hi Everyone,

I know that PF Chang's has a gluten-free menu, and I was wondering if there are any favorites that I just have to try? Or, if there is anything unusually bad that I should avoid?

Thanks

P F Chang's is one of my favorites!! Their gluten-free menu is varied, and there is a lot to choose from! The Lemon Chicken is definitely a favorite! If you're a dessert fan, the flourless choc cake is a MUST!

As many times as we have gone to P F Chang's, something very interesting happened to us the last time we were there. One of the chefs came out to talk to us; and asked if I was bored with the gluten free menu! I said that I wasn't bored at all, and then he said, "Well, what do you miss the most from the regular menu, that you can't have anymore?" When I said the Mongolian Beef (with green onions), he said, "I'll be right back". Minutes later he came back with a small dish of gluten-free Mongolian Beef, and sat down with us so we could all try it, including him!! It was AWESOME! (My husband and the chef had one piece, and I took the rest for myself)! lol What a treat, and it was very thoughtful. So this was the tip he gave me...He said that if I wanted that dish, to let him know one day in advance. They marinade all of their beef, so he would have to know ahead of time, so he would leave some unmarinated and make it for me the same way again! That small act of kindness meant everything to me! I'm sure anyone else, could ask for the same at their local P F Chang's!

Enjoy!

My daughter" 10 years old" who is the celiac in family Just loves the Chicken lettuce wraps she also love the flourless chocolate dome. The cake is very rich but she liked it.

PF Changs is great for kids. Our three (ages 9,7, and 6) loved it....but then again they have always loved veggies.....and yes they actually like broccoli and spinach.

We thought everything we had was excellent (chicken wraps....our favorite, shrimp in lobster sauce, street noodles, and ginger snap peas....yum). It's become our regular dining spot!