#1 Molecular Dude

Molecular Dude

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

I know that PF Chang's has a gluten-free menu, and I was wondering if there are any favorites that I just have to try? Or, if there is anything unusually bad that I should avoid?

Thanks
Life is to LIVE, not to suffer. Make the most of it, and have some FUN, regardless of your situation.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

when my husband and I go together (just us, not as a bigger group), we share off the gluten-free menu (though he's not gluten-free). we *always* get the gluten-free lettuce wraps and the garlic snap peas. for an entree, we often switch between chang's spicy chicken, ginger chicken with broccoli, lemon chicken. we tried the dali chicken (which is new) recently, and it's fascinating (but good), and I like the salmon with ginger (but my husband doesn't like the mushrooms) and singapore street noodles.

ordering the appetizer, entree, and vegetable dish, however, means we often have a bit of leftovers, and never any room for the chocolate dome, which is a shame, because that this is delicious!
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 Generic

Generic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:22 AM

Phillips lemon chicken and the Singapore street noodles and of course the chocolate flourless dome is delicous.

#4 JustCan

JustCan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

The lettuce wraps are awesome. My husband and I also get Chang's spicy chicken and the ginger chicken and broccoli to share. Make sure they bring out the gluten free soy sauce...the stuff is fantastic. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Since August 2007

#5 aggieceliac

aggieceliac

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

I had almost given up on PFChangs dinner menu because everything I had tried I didn't like enough for the price (plus an hours drive). But I tried the shrimp and lobster sauce (not sure the exact name) over the Christmas break at home and it was delicious. and of course the chocolate dome is a must, whether I have room or not :lol:
[b]Gluten-Free since August 2005b]

#6 amybeth

amybeth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:50 PM

Mmmmmm.

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Changs Spicy Chicken
Singapore Street Noodles
Chocolate Dome

I go between these choices every time I go. I love them so much, I haven't had to branch out to try anything else. I always take some extra $$ and get an order of Changs Spicy Chicken to go. It reheats for lunch very well for a couple of days - and I never get tired of it. I really could eat it every day.

Enjoy!
Amy

Gluten Free since 4/05 - adult onset
Symptoms for 4+ years prior
Immediate family tests negative
No Known family members w/ celiac disease

#7 mrskchart

mrskchart

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

I would suggest staying away from the moo goo gai pan. I think that is how you spell it. Very bland. Not much flavor at all.

#8 Molecular Dude

Molecular Dude

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

Hey everybody,

Thanks for the feedback on PF Chang's. It sounds as though most of you are delighted with many of the items on the gluten-free menu, especially the dessert. I'll keep your suggestions in mind, and look forward to trying them.

Thanks
Life is to LIVE, not to suffer. Make the most of it, and have some FUN, regardless of your situation.

#9 mesmerize

mesmerize

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:00 PM

The lemon scallops are my favorite... I always love scallops, and these ones are just awesome! Very flavorful. I get them every single time I go there, so I don't have much experience with the rest of the menu. :)

I did try some of the lettuce wraps that my mom got there once, and they were amazing too.

~Sara~
* Tummy problems all my life
* Graves Disease in November 2004
* Ongoing issues with thyroid levels
* Gluten free since February 2006

#10 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

But I tried the shrimp and lobster sauce (not sure the exact name) over the Christmas break at home and it was delicious. and of course the chocolate dome is a must, whether I have room or not :lol:

I LOVE the shrimp with lobster sauce! That's my favorite. In fact, everything I've had has been really good - EXCEPT for the ginger/broccoli chicken (bland, and the chicken was surprisingly overcooked).

The "cake" - I can't even believe they call it that! - was SO dark and SO dense - quite good but nothing like cake, more like.....really dark fudge? I'd order it with whipped cream next time. ;)
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#11 gheidie

gheidie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:27 PM

I just ate here last week for the first time... we were on vacation and there was one in walking distance form the hotel. I LOVED the lemon chicken!!! WOW!! then we went back again cuz hubby wanted the lemon chicken, so we ordered that and the spicy chicken... very good!!! I really want to try the noodles and the lettuce wraps next, I found one about an hours drive from where we live, so it will just be a once in a while treat, but well worth it!!

#12 Nashville

Nashville

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:47 PM

Question on the Singapore Noodles: The chicken and/or shrimp in it appears to be breaded a bit; is this just cornstarch?

#13 Maureen73

Maureen73

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

Yum!!! I LOVE Changs and have never had a bad experience. In our area, right before the holidays they added some new gluten free options to their menu. I love the Changs Spicy Chicken and the Dali Chicken. FYI, the Dali Chicken is really spicy, but good. Also, if you are a vegetarian, they can do the Dali Chicken without the chicken, just potatoes in the spicy sauce. The Chocolate Dome is soooo good, so save room for that as well!

How fantastic is it to be able to go out with your family/friends and eat like we used to before Celiac? I love PF Changs :)

Enjoy - Maureen :)
Maureen in Southern New Jersey
Diagnosed via bloodwork & biopsy in June 2005
Gluten free ever since!

#14 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

Question on the Singapore Noodles: The chicken and/or shrimp in it appears to be breaded a bit; is this just cornstarch?

Yes, when they "bread" items for the gluten-free menu, they use cornstarch
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#15 zansu

zansu

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

They will also add broccoli to the spicy chick or lemon chicken if you like some veggies in your dinner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: