19 replies to this topic

#16 tiffjake

tiffjake

Life is good....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:08 PM

I love the Changs Spicey Chicken, but I order it without the Chili Paste, because I don't really like the spice, just the fried-like chicken, and the onion flavor left when there is no chili paste :)
EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes
DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005
Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.
THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 PatBrown

PatBrown

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

I love the chicken wraps and could eat them for my meal but DH always wants to share. The salmon is really good.

#18 glutenfreeone

glutenfreeone

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

I know that PF Chang's has a gluten-free menu, and I was wondering if there are any favorites that I just have to try? Or, if there is anything unusually bad that I should avoid?

Thanks

P F Chang's is one of my favorites!! Their gluten-free menu is varied, and there is a lot to choose from! The Lemon Chicken is definitely a favorite! If you're a dessert fan, the flourless choc cake is a MUST!

As many times as we have gone to P F Chang's, something very interesting happened to us the last time we were there. One of the chefs came out to talk to us; and asked if I was bored with the gluten free menu! I said that I wasn't bored at all, and then he said, "Well, what do you miss the most from the regular menu, that you can't have anymore?" When I said the Mongolian Beef (with green onions), he said, "I'll be right back". Minutes later he came back with a small dish of gluten-free Mongolian Beef, and sat down with us so we could all try it, including him!! It was AWESOME! (My husband and the chef had one piece, and I took the rest for myself)! lol What a treat, and it was very thoughtful. So this was the tip he gave me...He said that if I wanted that dish, to let him know one day in advance. They marinade all of their beef, so he would have to know ahead of time, so he would leave some unmarinated and make it for me the same way again! That small act of kindness meant everything to me! I'm sure anyone else, could ask for the same at their local P F Chang's!

Enjoy!

#19 tiffanyo

tiffanyo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

My daughter" 10 years old" who is the celiac in family Just loves the Chicken lettuce wraps she also love the flourless chocolate dome. The cake is very rich but she liked it.

#20 elmuyloco5

elmuyloco5

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:48 PM

PF Changs is great for kids. Our three (ages 9,7, and 6) loved it....but then again they have always loved veggies.....and yes they actually like broccoli and spinach.

We thought everything we had was excellent (chicken wraps....our favorite, shrimp in lobster sauce, street noodles, and ginger snap peas....yum). It's become our regular dining spot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: