This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Mimi's Cafe

lizard00

lizard00 Enthusiast

Hi everyone!

I went to Mimi's earlier tonight and they had a great gluten free menu/information page. The hostess printed it out for me before we were seated, and in reading it, they give great suggestions to avoid CC and are willing to cut fruit or saute things in a separate pan.

I would post it on here, but it's a 4 or 5 page PDF file. You can however, email them and ask for them to email it to you. I got a quesadilla with corn tortillas instead of flour and so far I have had no side effects (usually get a nasty headache within 30 minutes of being glutened)

Hope this helps if there is a Mimi's in your area!!!

Liz

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MrMark Apprentice

Liz-

Thanks for that tip.

I trust nobody about food, except my wife and just a few restaurants.

I think I can trust the chili and french fries at Wendys.

Also trust the In-N-Out Burger hamburger (w/o bun) and french fries.

I now trust Mimi's and Outback as it seems they understand the definition of gluten-free.

I have rant though. It seems almost all restaurant workers I've run across (aside from the above) are clueless about gluten. I tell them I can't have any gluten and they do crap like bring me a salad with croutons :angry:

Regards Mark

Rosebud710 Apprentice

I've never heard of Mimi's Cafe before so I went on their website. They are opening one near my house!! I'm so excited! They will be near Cheeseburger in Paradise and Biaggi's - both are very gluten friendly. Oh now I'll have a greater choice of restaurants to go to :D !

Thanks for letting us know this Liz!

JustMe75 Enthusiast

I think Wendy's took their french fries off their gluten-free list. There was a post on here a few weeks back about it. You might want to double check.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
Liz-

Thanks for that tip.

I trust nobody about food, except my wife and just a few restaurants.

Also trust the In-N-Out Burger hamburger (w/o bun) and french fries.

I now trust Mimi's and Outback as it seems they understand the definition of gluten-free.

I have rant though. It seems almost all restaurant workers I've run across (aside from the above) are clueless about gluten. I tell them I can't have any gluten and they do crap like bring me a salad with croutons :angry:

Regards Mark

Hey Mark- I am not sure the fries at Wendy's are safe, sometimes in the past I would get nuggets mixed in with fries and vice versa (pre-celiac) Something to look into.

wolfie Enthusiast
Hey Mark- I am not sure the fries at Wendy's are safe, sometimes in the past I would get nuggets mixed in with fries and vice versa (pre-celiac) Something to look into.

I think that some Wendy's have dedicated fryers, while others don't. You need to ask at each location.

muddy puppy Newbie
Hi everyone!

I went to Mimi's earlier tonight and they had a great gluten free menu/information page. The hostess printed it out for me before we were seated, and in reading it, they give great suggestions to avoid CC and are willing to cut fruit or saute things in a separate pan.

I would post it on here, but it's a 4 or 5 page PDF file. You can however, email them and ask for them to email it to you. I got a quesadilla with corn tortillas instead of flour and so far I have had no side effects (usually get a nasty headache within 30 minutes of being glutened)

Hope this helps if there is a Mimi's in your area!!!

Liz

Hi Liz,

I live in the Raleigh-Durham area too, where is the Mimi's? I've never been there. Have you been to Carraba's, they have a great gluten-free menu too. Boy I wish I knew within 30 minutes of being "contaminated", as I like to call it... it hits me about a day and a half to 2 days later! Then I suffer for almost a week.

Thanks for the info!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

babinsky Apprentice

I live in California...there is a Mimi's Cafe about 10 minutes from me. They have been very accomodating and we eat there once or twice a month. I have never gotten sick after eating there....I wish we had some of the other restaurants you mentioned though

• 1 month later...
Rosebud710 Apprentice

Well, the good news is that Mimi's opened up near my house. The bad news is they're not offering a gluten-free menu :angry: ! With Cheeseburger in Paradise and Biaggios in the same shopping center and both offering gluten-free menus, you'd think they'd follow suit <_< ! Well, I'm going to write a letter to the manager to complain!!

Cynbd Contributor
I live in California...there is a Mimi's Cafe about 10 minutes from me. They have been very accomodating and we eat there once or twice a month. I have never gotten sick after eating there....I wish we had some of the other restaurants you mentioned though

Where in California? I am in Southern... Haven't been brave enough to try Mimi's ...

lizard00 Enthusiast
Well, the good news is that Mimi's opened up near my house. The bad news is they're not offering a gluten-free menu :angry: ! With Cheeseburger in Paradise and Biaggios in the same shopping center and both offering gluten-free menus, you'd think they'd follow suit <_< ! Well, I'm going to write a letter to the manager to complain!!

Do that for sure, because I initially went to their website and inquired through there. They replied to me with a pretty big pdf file about what to avoid and not. Maybe the manager is uninformed :(

Archived