18 replies to this topic

#1 nowheat4me

nowheat4me

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

Recently I've noticed that the containers of Yoplait yogurt do not say gluten free on them. Does anyone know if they changed the ingredients?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

Recently I've noticed that the containers of Yoplait yogurt do not say gluten free on them. Does anyone know if they changed the ingredients?

Yoplait is gluten free with the exception of the ones with cookies and granola. There have been reports of random gluten free labeling, but I don't believe it has anything to do with the contents.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 Franceen

Franceen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

Today I just brought some new Yoplait's and they all say Gluten Free and are all new stock. I heard that a lot of the "fat free" and "Light" yogurts (including Yoplait and Dannon and Breyer's etc) are NOT Gluten Free, but the "regular" and "low fat") ones are.
Today I bought Yoplait Thick and Creamy, Yoplait Whips Light and Fluffy (not the Fat Free version) and Yoplait Original. All have expiration dates out in Feb or Mar and all say Gluten Free.
I generally go by the ingredients (watching for the notorious "starches" to be cornstarch or tapioca starch specifically). However, recently there was the Dannon issue, where Dannon came out and said that NONE of their yogurts could be considered gluten-free - I think there was a thread on here with a quote from Dannon.
So, now I buy Breyers Fruit-on-the-Bottom and Yoplait (as above).
I'm going to go to their site (Yoplait) and see what they say - if anything I'll post againl.

Franceen
Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success
Gluten-free since Dec 2005
Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months
No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!

#4 Franceen

Franceen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

According to the Clan Thompson Food Smartlist (recent entry):
Yoplait has stated that all new products as of Sept 12 2007 that are gluten-free are labeled gluten-free. If it does not say gluten-free it may have CC. Since Sept they have changed their formulas and mfg processes apparently and will label those that are gluten-free and also Cross Contanmination Free.
SO, buy only those that say gluten-free and discard those that do not.

Franceen
Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success
Gluten-free since Dec 2005
Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months
No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!

#5 silly celiac

silly celiac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:24 PM

<sigh...>

I just bought a bunch of Yoplait this weekend- I've been eating more of it lately because my guts have been "off". I now wonder if it was the yogurt giving me that feeling!

I checked my fridge yesterday and actually had two of the same flavor- one labeled gluten free, the other not. The un-labeled one has a later date on it.

And I'm assuming this applies to gogurt and smoothies too...? When I was shopping today, the only Yoplait products labeled gluten free were some of the thick & creamy and some of the originals. None of the "fun" things like whips or gogurt. :(

#6 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

Yoplait is gluten free with the exception of the cookies and granola whether they are labled gluten free or not. If you read the ingredients, there will be no gluten listed.

Too much yogurt will give me bathroom issues, but it's not gluten related.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#7 sammers1

sammers1

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

This is an email from Yoplait

Dear Valued Consumer:

Thank you for contacting Yoplait regarding gluten in Yoplait yogurt.

It is our goal to help our consumers determine whether or not they can include our products in their diet. To accurately accomplish this, we believe it is best to refer to the specific ingredients listed on each product package.

However, we do understand that ingredients can be confusing, so we want to assure you if the ingredient label does not list wheat, barley, rye, oats or gluten containing ingredients sourced from these grains, then the product would be gluten-free. Sources of gluten are listed on the label even if the source of gluten is part of another ingredient (such as flavoring or spice). Because ingredients may vary from one package to another due to product reformulation, you should use the product's ingredient label to provide you with current and accurate information.

Additional information regarding gluten may be obtained by contacting your health care professional or:

Celiac Sprue Association/United States of America, Inc.
PO Box 31700
Omaha, NE 68131-0700

402-558-0600

Or toll free: 877-CSA-4-CSA (877-272-4272)

www.csaceliacs.org

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Amy Sadowski

Consumer Services

#8 ShayBraMom

ShayBraMom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:03 AM

God, I love this forum. when ever I type into Google is this or that Glutenfree, I can be assured that Celiac.com always pops up and that I will get the right answer. I love you guys, it's so wonderful to see thast there is always somebody else who already aksed the question I was going too! I just bought Yoplait kids Banana for my son, but decided that today was the morning my 15 month old daughter was gonna get her first Yoghurt.due to Celaic she hasn't dealt with any milkproduct well at all, allways got sever stomachcramps, but she just started tolerating Mozzarella cheese, it might be time to see if she is able to take Yoghurt , now that she's been off of gluten for aobut 2 month

This is an email from Yoplait

Dear Valued Consumer:

Thank you for contacting Yoplait regarding gluten in Yoplait yogurt.

It is our goal to help our consumers determine whether or not they can include our products in their diet. To accurately accomplish this, we believe it is best to refer to the specific ingredients listed on each product package.

However, we do understand that ingredients can be confusing, so we want to assure you if the ingredient label does not list wheat, barley, rye, oats or gluten containing ingredients sourced from these grains, then the product would be gluten-free. Sources of gluten are listed on the label even if the source of gluten is part of another ingredient (such as flavoring or spice). Because ingredients may vary from one package to another due to product reformulation, you should use the product's ingredient label to provide you with current and accurate information.

Additional information regarding gluten may be obtained by contacting your health care professional or:

Celiac Sprue Association/United States of America, Inc.
PO Box 31700
Omaha, NE 68131-0700

402-558-0600

Or toll free: 877-CSA-4-CSA (877-272-4272)

www.csaceliacs.org

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Amy Sadowski

Consumer Services

Susi with Shayden and Brandy
Shayden, pos. with DQ 2, pos. for Glutensensitivity with Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 45 Units
Brandy, pos. with DQ2 + DQ8, DX Celiac Nov.07, gluten-free since Nov. 1st 07, Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 63 Units
Me: Gastroscopy negative f. Celiac, IBS, Oesophagitis, Hiatus-Hernia

#9 valeriek

valeriek

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:35 AM

I just talked to Yoplait and she said that they dont say gluten free any more, but she said to look at the ingredients and look for wheat ect. There will be no hidden gluten in the ingredients. Just look for all the grains we cant eat. It mostly looks safe so enjoy

#10 modiddly16

modiddly16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:33 AM

Don't be so quick to assume that since your stomach has been acting funky now that you're eating more yogurt that it's a gluten reaction. Yogurt is utilized to help bring good bacteria into your body to fight off the bad bacteria...that's why they make that digestive tract help yogurt now, because it's supposed to help get your body more regular. I can't eat a lot of yogurt because of a texture problem :) (same reason why I can't eat bananas...yuck!!) The yogurt might actually help you feel better in the long run :) ones your body gets used to the influx of good bacteria!!

#11 josh052980

josh052980

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

Just found this on Yoplait's website

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is Yoplait yogurt gluten free?
Yes, the entire Yoplait yogurt range is gluten free, including Yoplait Original, Yoplait Lite and Yoplait formé no fat.

People requiring a gluten free diet should seek further dietary advice and information from an accredited practising dietitian (www.daa.asn.au ), the Coeliac Society (www.coeliac.org.au ), or a General Practitioner (GP).

#12 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

Everybody note that this is a very old thread. Yoplait is gluten-free.

richard

#13 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

Does anyone know if the new Dessert Selctions are gluten free like the strawberry chantilly and the raspberry crumble? Has anyone tried them? It does not indicate any gluten sources in the ingredients so I am guessing that it is gluten-free if they have said that they clearing identify gluten.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#14 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:02 PM

I don't have any right now, but doesn't Yoplait say " gluten free" on the container?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#15 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

Yoplait is General Mills. Simply check the ingredients.

richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: