This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Corn Tortillas

KayKay

KayKay Rookie

I have been wanting to buy some corn tortillas but haven't been able to find them at my local market.Are they usually found at regular supermarkets or do you get them at health food stores,Whole Foods,etc?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Tim-n-VA Contributor

I usually find them at my normal grocery. However, usually the corn tortillas are usually in a refridgerated case unlike the flour ones which are frequently found on shelf in the bread or mexican sections.

home-based-mom Contributor

I don't know where you are, but here in Southern California they're kind hard to miss! :lol:

I get mine at Ralphs, which is owned by Kroger, and they are located prominently on an endcap.

I have heard, however, that in some parts of the country, decent Mexican food is basically not available :( so you might have to keep searching.

Try asking the manager at your local market.

Also, if there is a Hispanic neighborhood in your area, check there.

If you're feeling adventurous, buy a tortilla press and a bag of masa and make your own!

Caution: it's a lot of work! :rolleyes:

Phyllis28 Apprentice

I Southern California every regular grocery store carries corn tortillas. I buy Mission Tortillas. I find them in any regular grocery store. I have also seen them in Walmart. Below is the website for Mission Foods. You may want to contact them to see if any of your local store carry them.

Open Original Shared Link

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I eat Old El Paso tortillias with no problem and I can get them at the local grocery store.

Guest j_mommy

I get mine at either walmart or our local store.

Sometimes they are by the mexican foods and sometimes they are buy the bread. Depends on the store.

tarnalberry Community Regular

You might try asking next time you're at the store - they're often on an aisle end in the stores I've been at in a number of states.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

loco-ladi Contributor

I get them at my regular grocery stores.....

walmart normally has them at the end of an aisle on a huge display a coupld lanes over from the bread stuffs

Safeway has them next to the bread

Grocery kart has them on an end aisle

I buy "mission" brand as well

AnneM Apprentice

I tried a few brands of corn tortiallas and i found that the brand Azteca tastes the most like flour tortillas, they are in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, I buy mine at Meijers.

I just wish they made a bigger corn tortilla like the flour ones, the corn ones are small.

KayKay Rookie

Thanks everyone! I checked my local Shaws and found the Mission brand hiding behind their flour tortillas. You've never seen anyone so excited to find tortillas!

Archived