This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The American Idol Thread...2008

blueeyedmanda

dlp252 Apprentice
I go back and forth on Simon, sometimes I think he is over the top and obnoxious, out of line even, and sometimes I think he is right on with his opinions.

In the special that we were talking about above, Randy said something about this... The interviewer asked something about Simon's comments and Randy said something like. Yeah, but you know that whatever it is that Simon said, at least half the people watching are thinking the same thing. I had to agree with that, lol. I think sometimes the personal comments (i.e., like weight) are harsher than they need to be.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Simon Scowl....good truthful name though :)

I think Paula looks worse each year!

num1habsfan Rising Star

I'll be cheering for any country singer ;) .

I really wish you guys would get Canadian Idol. In a way it isn't fair....we get every single show of yours and obviously can't vote, but nobody even knows about our Canadian Idol most of the time. ITs not like the schedules would cut in with American Idol -- Canadian starts after American finishes!!!

~ Lisa ~

confused Community Regular
I'll be cheering for any country singer ;) .

I really wish you guys would get Canadian Idol. In a way it isn't fair....we get every single show of yours and obviously can't vote, but nobody even knows about our Canadian Idol most of the time. ITs not like the schedules would cut in with American Idol -- Canadian starts after American finishes!!!

~ Lisa ~

Do you get our nashville star show up there, were they are all country singers. There was one from idol that went on and did that show (i cnat remmeber who) and they lost that one to, but... i really like that show, its the one show my hubby watches with me so its kinda exciting lol.

paula

num1habsfan Rising Star
Do you get our nashville star show up there, were they are all country singers. There was one from idol that went on and did that show (i cnat remmeber who) and they lost that one to, but... i really like that show, its the one show my hubby watches with me so its kinda exciting lol.

paula

Yes, we do get that show on our version of CMT. It really sucked when George Canyon was on it (who's obviously a canadian) because we couldnt vote for him! But its a good one, I love how they can play their instruments and write their own songs :)

~ Lisa ~

OMG I just saw the guy sing the stalker song to Paula....creepy!

Green12 Enthusiast

Speaking of Paula, did anyone watch "Hey Paula" on Bravo??

Now that was entertaining, she's crazy :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Yay, I have something to live for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's been a sad time around here lately)

Um, can I just say, I can't even STAND Blake and his........what do you call it? his spit-boxing? his........boom-boxing? oh wait......is it BEAT-boxing? :lol: He drives me bonkers.......... :ph34r: sorry to his fans.....

But I am SO excited for the silliness of the first few weeks......great fun.

:)

babinsky Apprentice

I wasn't rally a Blake fan either but had to give him credit for originality....I like all the country, rock, and pop....not too crazy about the show tune type...I could not get into Fantasia. What ever happened to Elliot Yamin...he was a little strange looking but I thought he had a great voice.....I am in California so don't get to see it till after all the East coasters.

Ridgewalker Contributor

I saw that Paula-stalker guy too. All those goofy rhymes, though- it had to be a joke.

I loved Blake last year! :P I thought his Bon Jovi cover was great.

I think Elliot Yamin had a record come out, didn't he? He got a bunch of dental work done, too, looks better. I agree, he does have a great voice.

Green12 Enthusiast
what do you call it? his spit-boxing?

Spit-Boxing :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes Sarah, Elliot Yamin put out an album. I think a couple of the songs made it to radio already, I kinda like them too.

Guhlia Rising Star

Yeah, that stalker song was creepy. It had to have been planned though because otherwise the body guards would have NEVER let him approach Paula. Security would have been all over him. My guess is that he was planted by the producers.

What was with that Alexis Coen chick? OMG, as soon as DH saw her he was like, she must have Celiac. HA! She was nuts!!! I'm assuming by his reference he was referring to how nuts I used to be. :)

Cheri A Contributor

ROFLMBO! She was something else, wasn't she?!

My kids and I watched the show together last night. They really felt sorry for Temptress. She was the girl that cried and Paula, Randy, and Simon walked her out and said hello to her family.

I doubt that I will watch tonight. I'm not sure I can stand it.

dlp252 Apprentice

OMGosh, yes my heart was breaking for Temptress...that was truly sad and touching.

I only watched the first half...went to bed at 9:00. :lol: I recorded it so I can watch the rest and speed through as appropriate. :lol:

I also thought that Star Wars girl at the end was a little loopy...she kept saying they are only looking at the looks....which I hate to be honest with her that is the truth. She was a little too gone for them..

That one girl that sang the Star Spangled Banner was horrible! I think it was a disgrace!

Guhlia Rising Star

Amanda, I actually have to disagree with you there. I think they're looking for much more than looks. Look at Rueben Studdard... He didn't exactly fit the mold, but he made it. Heck, he even won. Just my two cents.

Did you see any rockers last night? I was only half with it for the show. I have that nasty stomach bug that's been going around and I was struggling to keep my eyes open for most of the show. My favorites are usually the rockers (Gina, Daughtry, Nikki McKibbin...)

Amanda, I actually have to disagree with you there. I think they're looking for much more than looks. Look at Rueben Studdard... He didn't exactly fit the mold, but he made it. Heck, he even won. Just my two cents.

Did you see any rockers last night? I was only half with it for the show. I have that nasty stomach bug that's been going around and I was struggling to keep my eyes open for most of the show. My favorites are usually the rockers (Gina, Daughtry, Nikki McKibbin...)

I think for the girls they are looking for looks, not for the boys tho, wel wait look at melinda she was far from cute. But they want a few bombshells to keep the teenie bopers voting or the dirty ole men lol..

I didnt watch it last night, i forgot and was watching biggest loser lol

paula

babinsky Apprentice

I was a little suprised at the "Crazy Blond Chick" going off so much on SC.....I don't think he was hard on her or mean at all and she completely singled him out.....not that he usually doesn't deserve it. I am already in love.....with the last guy...he was the black guy with the braids...I thought his voice was amazing.

The guy that got his chest waxed was a little nuts too....

dlp252 Apprentice

Looks like I missed some good stuff in the second half!!! :lol: Must look for this stuff when I watch it later. :P

Guhlia Rising Star

I AM YOUR BROTHER... TOGETHER IN TIME FOREVER...

Ridgewalker Contributor
I AM YOUR BROTHER... TOGETHER IN TIME FOREVER...

Oh my gawwwwd, I had that stuck in my head for an HOUR!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We only watched the last part of Idol again last night. That one girl who was singing Celine Dion and was supposed to sing The Power of Love was horrid. She did not look like she was even paying attention....she even talked monolog....I thought they screened people in the line or am I mistaken.

I only watched bits and pieces, but omg i did see that last guy, i still have the sonf stuck in my head lol.paula

dlp252 Apprentice

I only watched the first half last night then went to bed...some interesting stuff, lol. Didn't record the second half because I was recording something else, so I'll just have to hear about it here. :P

Archived