This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The American Idol Thread...2008

blueeyedmanda

Darn210 Enthusiast
I've been watching the most weird shows you can imagine, lol. An episode of Ultimate Coyote Search that I've seen 4 times already was on and well, that won over AI. :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol: - That cracks me up.

Who would have guessed that Syesha would be the last girl standing??!!??

I didn't see the performances but I watched last night and saw the highlights. Brooke has really stumbled through the last couple of weeks . . . it was time. I think the pressure got to her and she couldn't let the past so-so performances go. David Cook, who I think should win, comes across as almost over-confident now . . . I don't like that, but I do think he's the best. I thought Archuleta did well although I'm still not a fan . . . Like Angie, he just annoys me. The Neil Diamond songs seemed to suit him and we finally got a break from the ballads. Syesha does much better in a Broadway type atmosphere/performance.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bakingbarb Enthusiast
:lol::lol::lol: - That cracks me up.

Who would have guessed that Syesha would be the last girl standing??!!??

I didn't see the performances but I watched last night and saw the highlights. Brooke has really stumbled through the last couple of weeks . . . it was time. I think the pressure got to her and she couldn't let the past so-so performances go. David Cook, who I think should win, comes across as almost over-confident now . . . I don't like that, but I do think he's the best. I thought Archuleta did well although I'm still not a fan . . . Like Angie, he just annoys me. The Neil Diamond songs seemed to suit him and we finally got a break from the ballads. Syesha does much better in a Broadway type atmosphere/performance.

Oh goody I just found this thread. I love American Idol but don't admit it to people! LOL

I agree with everything you just said.

David Cook does seem over-confident. The first time I saw him though I thought of The Joker, the way his mouth/smile is! I know thats bad.

Archuleta is a good singer but boring. The girls seem to love him though.

I enjoyed watching Brooke but yes I think the pressure was too much. Same with the kid that just left. He seemed like the average teenage boy, not taking something seriously. He just needs time I think.

Syesha is pretty good, I vote for her just because she is the last girl standing!

Did you see where they showed past American Idol runners ups are doing a lot of Broadway? Its great to see how well they are doing. Its almost better to not win!

Green12 Enthusiast

I haven't been paying attention the last two weeks, I'll have it on the tv but it's basically been background music :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

What a surprise, it's the two Davids :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

Do I need to pull up my old quote to remind you guys . . . I predicted the two Davids in the final . . . not what I wanted, but what I thought would happen. Every week, Archuleta gets on my nerves more and more . . . "Gosh"

Guhlia Rising Star
Do I need to pull up my old quote to remind you guys . . . I predicted the two Davids in the final . . . not what I wanted, but what I thought would happen. Every week, Archuleta gets on my nerves more and more . . . "Gosh"

Janet, I'm with you on that one! *licks lips* He gets really annoying if you (*licks lips*) actually watch his performances. Mmmmmm.... Gosh... Mmmmmm.... I do have to admit uh gosh though that if you don't listen to his interviews (*licks lips*) and don't watch him mmmmm gosh on stage gosh he's not half (*licks lips*) bad.

Darn210 Enthusiast
Janet, I'm with you on that one! *licks lips* He gets really annoying if you (*licks lips*) actually watch his performances. Mmmmmm.... Gosh... Mmmmmm.... I do have to admit uh gosh though that if you don't listen to his interviews (*licks lips*) and don't watch him mmmmm gosh on stage gosh he's not half (*licks lips*) bad.

:lol::lol::lol: Excellent!!!!

Good thing there is only one week left. I now feel compelled to keep a tally of his nervous habits for next week!!!! Good thing we didn't talk about this sooner and turn it into a drinking game or something . . . we'd all be smashed!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confused Community Regular

Im so glad for this thread> i had no idea who got voted off lol. I was trying to watch it during commercials of my hockey game and it just wasnt working lol.

I hope david cook wins. The litle dude just gets on my nerves lol

paula

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Im so glad for this thread> i had no idea who got voted off lol. I was trying to watch it during commercials of my hockey game and it just wasnt working lol.

I hope david cook wins. The litle dude just gets on my nerves lol

paula

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Me too. I kinda don't hope he wins though, cuz he needs to have some artistic freedom. The pop machine did wonderful things for Jordin Sparks. I don't see that working for David Cook.

I was happy with who won. I think i was as shocked as he was tho. I was crying and hubby was laughing at me lol.

paula

Guhlia Rising Star

I didn't even watch the finale... I was taking Tori to the circus. :)

Was it good or was it another gay boxing themed show?

It was pretty good. It had lots of people from the days when i was growing up. They had zz top, george michael (gag), bryan adams, and of course carrie underwood, jordin sparks. I was hoping they had bo bice sing, but of course not.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
I didn't even watch the finale... I was taking Tori to the circus. :)

Was it good or was it another gay boxing themed show?

You didn't miss anything. The show was blah! I bet the circus was fun, did Tori enjoy it?

Guhlia Rising Star
You didn't miss anything. The show was blah! I bet the circus was fun, did Tori enjoy it?

I think I enjoyed it every bit as much as Tori did. It was totally awesome! I hadn't been to the circus (except for the cirque de soleil) since i was little so I had no clue what happened there. It was great. She even got called up to jumprope with the clowns in their preshow. She did have a hard time sitting still that long. Luckily the seats folded up so she could dance around a bit and burn off some energy. I only wish it would have been earlier in the day cuz the actual circus started at her bedtime. She did sit in my lap at the very end. Of course, I ate that up because she normally can't sit still that long. :) :) :)

BTW, she is now officially gluten free again. She's a totally different child. :)

Cheri A Contributor

Sounds fun, Angie!! :D

I watched part of the final show. I agree that David C. was the better choice. But, I still don't like him. :P

I hope that next season is better than this one. I quit watching, essentially, once Michael Johns was voted off.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Sounds fun, Angie!! :D

I watched part of the final show. I agree that David C. was the better choice. But, I still don't like him. :P

I hope that next season is better than this one. I quit watching, essentially, once Michael Johns was voted off.

See, I didn't even like that guy. I thought he was annoying and smug. It's amazing how much people's tastes can differ. And I did NOT agree that this is the most talented lineup of singers they've ever had. I believe that was last year. A lot of contestants last year didn't get enough credit just because they didn't fit the pop demographic.

Archived