Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Hoisin Sauce ?

4 posts in this topic

I have been trying to make General Tso's chicken and none of the recipes turn out like the real thing. They mostly taste like soy sauce and sherry. I found a recipe that calls for hoisin sauce and I hope to make it tonight. So, what kind of hoisin sauce is gluten free?

Here's a link to the recipe in case anyone would like it:

http://www.recipezaar.com/266373

Thanks!

Ads by Google:
I have been trying to make General Tso's chicken and none of the recipes turn out like the real thing. They mostly taste like soy sauce and sherry. I found a recipe that calls for hoisin sauce and I hope to make it tonight. So, what kind of hoisin sauce is gluten free?

Here's a link to the recipe in case anyone would like it:

http://www.recipezaar.com/266373

Thanks!

Hi Jenny,

We use the Premier Japan wheat free hoisin sauce. I've found it at New Seasons and Wild Oats. I use their teriyaki sauce too. They're pretty thick so I usually dilute them a bit to make it last longer--it's a little spendy but tasty--and not too spicy. You could always use some red pepper flakes if you wanted it spicy.

Thank you. I looked at Fred Meyer and all their Hoisin sauce contained wheat. I'll just have to wait until I go to Whole Foods. I really want General Tso's chicken! ;)

Thank you. I looked at Fred Meyer and all their Hoisin sauce contained wheat. I'll just have to wait until I go to Whole Foods. I really want General Tso's chicken! ;)

We have the brand "Dynasty" in Wisconsin and it has gluten free hoisin sauce and other good sauces. It is in the Asian food aisle in the grocery store. Can you get that brand?

Good luck!