3 replies to this topic

#1 sallyterpsichore

sallyterpsichore

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

I was diagnosed about a week ago with Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth and am trying to exercise and keep my energy up. I'm on two different antibiotics to kill off the bacteria. I tried doing some cardio today (only about 20 minutes) and I got a sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. Now, it could be a stitch, like I used to get in track, but it also felt a lot like the pain I felt when I was running when I had mono (I didn't know I had mono at the time).
Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks,
Sally

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sallyterpsichore

sallyterpsichore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:49 AM

bump.

Help! This is also sometimes accompanied by really foul-smelling flatulence...sulphur like. It's not really painful, just chronic and only (usually) in the evenings. The rest of the symptoms still are a problem...as well as this new gas issue.

Does anyone else have any problems with cardio exercise and strange digestive symptoms?

Thanks in advance,
Sally

#3 KAG

KAG

Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:37 PM

Sally,

The foul smelling gas could be bacteria die off. I think that smelly gas can also be something that you are not digesting.

I don't know about exercise pain, but when I wasn't digesting something and it was fermenting in my intestines, I got really smelly gas and lots of gas pains.

I wasn't diagnosed with SIBO but the last doctor I went to thought that might be my issue. I've been doing specific carbohydrate diet and it's really helping. Anyway, I think that if you are not digesting something it is probably causing more damage. You need to give yourself a chance to heal and eat foods that you are able to digest without symptoms.

Probiotics are really helping me too.

Kim
Kim

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 1995
Candida Problems 1996
Low Thyroid 2001
Gluten Free 2002
Dairy Free 2007
Egg/Onion/Garlic Free 2007
SIBO (self diagnosed) 2007
SCD since October 2007 and starting to feel better than I have in years!

#4 itchygirl

itchygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:23 AM

If you had the exact same pain with mono have you checked to see if the lymph nodes in your abdomen or groin are swollen? If you have an infection they can be, and this can cause pain when you move around a lot. I did not even know we had lymph nodes down there till I had to have one removed :)
I hope your SBO resolves. I did the drink the nasty tasting orange stuff for 2 weeks protocol for that. The Specific Carbohydrate diet looks a lot tastier.
I don't eat gluten and neither do my cats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: