1 reply to this topic

#1 tsparks

tsparks

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:56 AM

I'm trying to find info on a link between these two. My mother in law was just diagnosed with U/C and I believe she may have celiacs as well. She is also a diabetic which I know is can be linked to Celiacs. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I cannot get her to get tested for Celiacs - so I thought I would bombard her with information. She has bone pain, migraines, nausea, diarrhea, distended stomach, loss of appetite, loss of weight, slight depression, etc - the list goes on and on. To top that off, she lost her husband a year ago and moved 400 miles to live by us. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:15 PM

Is it possible for you to talk to her doctor? He/she may stop looking since they found the U/C, but she has far too many symptoms of Celiac and Ulcerative Colitis is not terribly uncommon in Celiacs. When the disease goes undiagnosed for too long there are many other diseases that it can cause. Please continue to try to get her tested, or to speak to her doctor about testing her.

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: