7 replies to this topic

#1 nakladane

nakladane

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

Hi everyone! I've been trying to eat gluten-free for a while now to support my boyfriend, a Celiac. Only problem is, I work at a Wendy's. Haven't had a burger or fries or anything in a whole month, woo-hoo! But I desperately crave a Frosty. According to Wendy's.com, their Chocolate Frosty's are gluten-free, but I'm a bit concerned about things like dextrose and artificial flavors. Does anyone happen to know where they get their dextrose and such? Are they indeed gluten-free?

Also, if anyone happens to know how they modify the cornstarch for their Strawberry Yogurts, or where the Red 40 food coloring comes from, that'd be incredibly helpfull. That'd just make my month. n____n Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:41 PM

Dextrose is usually derived from corn. I had a Wendy's chocolate frosty the other day and didn't get glutened, so I believe it is gluten-free.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 2kids4me

2kids4me

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:38 PM

my kids have had the frostys at wendy's and they are gluten free - my daughter is very sensitive to gluten. Also the baked potatoe with broccoli and cheese sauce is gluten free as they use corn starch in the cheese sauce.
Sandy

#4 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:54 AM

They're gluten-free. Believe me, if Wendy's had any doubt, they wouldn't say so (think lawsuits). Never heard of dextrose being made from wheat in the U.S.

richard

#5 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:44 AM

I endulge in Wendy's frosty's quite frequently with no problems. Enjoy!
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#6 patriceo15

patriceo15

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

Now Wendy's has new frosty drinks that sound good like Vanilla Bean Frosty, Chocolate Fudge Frosty, Strawberry Frosty, M&M Twisted Frosty, Vanilla Frosty The ingredients they list are ok Just that there are other frostys you would have to be careful with like cookie dough. I guess it all depends on how they are made if they are safe or not. I hope the are ok to have I miss Vanilla Bean drinks

#7 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

Now Wendy's has new frosty drinks that sound good like Vanilla Bean Frosty, Chocolate Fudge Frosty, Strawberry Frosty, M&M Twisted Frosty, Vanilla Frosty The ingredients they list are ok Just that there are other frostys you would have to be careful with like cookie dough. I guess it all depends on how they are made if they are safe or not. I hope the are ok to have I miss Vanilla Bean drinks

Wendy's is venturing into the "blizzard" and "shakes" market. Their vanilla and chocolate frosty's straight out of the machine are OK. The others (shakes and twisted frosties) have the flavors/ingredients mixed in and they all use the same mixer (from what I witnessed at my last visit). You would need to ask them to clean the machine first.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#8 GlutenFreeIsTheBest

GlutenFreeIsTheBest

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

They do have a full list of gluten free offerings on their website.

www.wendys.com/food/pdf/us/gluten_free_list.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: