This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Candida And Celiacs?

radgirl

radgirl Enthusiast

Is anyone else dealing with a bout of candida (of has dealt with it) on top of being a Celiac/gluten intolerant? If so, how else have you changed your diet and what are you doing to get rid of the candida? We are on such a limited diet now. Thoughts, suggestions?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aprilh Apprentice

Hey Radgirl! Have you checked out the candida thread in this section? A couple of us there are dealing with candida and following the candida diet. We are sharing our experiences if you want to check it out.

I had gluten intolerance due to candida. I have done a number of things in moving toward recovery.

My first step was diet change. I went gluten and dairy free and also did not eat anything that would feed yeast. There is a good diet here www.wholeapproach.com/diet. There are many diets out there and you have to find what works for you.

The second step was to heal leaky gut. I used L-glutamine powder and probiotics.

The next step is I started taking antifungals. I rotated them because yeast can become resistant easily. I took capyrlic acid, oregano oil, fresh raw garlic, and many others. I take probiotics at night because that is the best time for them to "implant" in your system.

A good quality probiotic is a must such as Natren, Healthy Trinity, or Custom Probiotics www.customprobiotics.com. Look for Human strain.

Hope this helps!

moldlady Rookie

Yupper Radgirl,

I'm right there with you too. You are not alone. I'm detoxing heavy metals, fighting fungus, and eating the no gluten lifestyle.

I've been fighting heavy metals for two years now and continuing. I've been fighting fungus for 8 years. And, just recently started the no gluten thing. I'm in my 3rd week.

As April said, to fight the fungus first you have to starve it and then kill it. Starve it by not feeding it and kill it off with natural antifungals. Rotation is recommended for most.... Then, give your body time to repair itself.

Taking probiotics help the repair and restore process if you do not have other issues. If you have celiac issues maybe you will need some digestive enzymes to help digest the foods better. For better absorption and healing the intestines I agree with April that l-glutamine is a good supplement. I've also heard that marshmellow root helps. I take ginger root tea to help with inflammations.

If you feel that you are not absorbing nutrients there are many liquid vitamin drinks that can be easily absorbed and help your body bounce back while your body heals.

Healthy Girl Explorer

The biggest help for me is to avoid any kind of sugar!!! It has really helped my stomach over the past month. Being wheat free and sugar free can be hard at times, but it is so worth it!!

To good health,

Amy

radgirl Enthusiast
Yupper Radgirl,

I'm right there with you too. You are not alone. I'm detoxing heavy metals, fighting fungus, and eating the no gluten lifestyle.

I've been fighting heavy metals for two years now and continuing. I've been fighting fungus for 8 years. And, just recently started the no gluten thing. I'm in my 3rd week.

As April said, to fight the fungus first you have to starve it and then kill it. Starve it by not feeding it and kill it off with natural antifungals. Rotation is recommended for most.... Then, give your body time to repair itself.

Taking probiotics help the repair and restore process if you do not have other issues. If you have celiac issues maybe you will need some digestive enzymes to help digest the foods better. For better absorption and healing the intestines I agree with April that l-glutamine is a good supplement. I've also heard that marshmellow root helps. I take ginger root tea to help with inflammations.

If you feel that you are not absorbing nutrients there are many liquid vitamin drinks that can be easily absorbed and help your body bounce back while your body heals.

How do you know if you should do a heavy metal detox?

moldlady Rookie

radgirl,

If you have had a lot of shots in the past or even these days. Vaccines, flu shots, allergy shots, etc. you have mercury and aluminum in your system. Now, they are putting heavy metals on the crops to keep the fungus down and controlled.

I would put coriander into my daily food regime and dried cilantro on things. Keep doing this on a regular basis and gradually it will get it out of your system.

I will do these both for the rest of my life as we are constantly being exposed to these things without our knowledge.

ML

radgirl Enthusiast
radgirl,

If you have had a lot of shots in the past or even these days. Vaccines, flu shots, allergy shots, etc. you have mercury and aluminum in your system. Now, they are putting heavy metals on the crops to keep the fungus down and controlled.

I would put coriander into my daily food regime and dried cilantro on things. Keep doing this on a regular basis and gradually it will get it out of your system.

I will do these both for the rest of my life as we are constantly being exposed to these things without our knowledge.

ML

Thank you ML. I eat a good amount of cilantro now. Do you think I'd benefit from a heavy metal cleanse? Any symptoms I should watch out for?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

moldlady Rookie

If you have been eating a good amt of cilantro and have had no ill effects then you are probably okay. How long have you been on the cilantro?

Symptoms of aggitation and lack of brain concentration and lack of sleep.

Detox baths are always good and workouts where you sweat.

ML

radgirl Enthusiast
If you have been eating a good amt of cilantro and have had no ill effects then you are probably okay. How long have you been on the cilantro?

Symptoms of aggitation and lack of brain concentration and lack of sleep.

Detox baths are always good and workouts where you sweat.

ML

Cilantro has been a main staple in my diet since a child. It's always something my family has cooked with. What is part of the detox bath? I'm not a fan of baths, but if it will help, then great.

Archived