Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Chicken Fried Steak

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a good recipe for this? I was diagnosed with Celiac before I really knew much about cooking, so here I am! I think it will take a while for me to really get the hang of how to cook with these odd ingredients. I know I sound like a dummy, but what cut of steak to buy, and how to make it thinner(do i need to hammer it? lol) would help. Also, a gravy recipe would be great! Thank You!!!!

Ads by Google:
Does anyone have a good recipe for this? I was diagnosed with Celiac before I really knew much about cooking, so here I am! I think it will take a while for me to really get the hang of how to cook with these odd ingredients. I know I sound like a dummy, but what cut of steak to buy, and how to make it thinner(do i need to hammer it? lol) would help. Also, a gravy recipe would be great! Thank You!!!!

Hi Holly,

I have a friend that makes this and I just contacted her by email/message to see if she can find the recipe. I'm a veggie eater so I can't help with this at all...sorry. But, hopefully by this late evening I'll have some kind of any answer for you.

moldlady :)

Hi Holly,

I have a friend that makes this and I just contacted her by email/message to see if she can find the recipe. I'm a veggie eater so I can't help with this at all...sorry. But, hopefully by this late evening I'll have some kind of any answer for you.

I won't mind hearing about it either!

Hi Holly,

Thank you so much!! Looking forward to it! :D

Southern Chicken (or Country) Fried Steak this recipe is my friend's and she goes by healthy bee. I have never tried this so can't say much but she is a great cook. HB uses a special uncontaminated wheat flour but I suggested the oat flour. Travel at your own on this as to what you like best.

Heated skillet with grapeseed or coconut oil 2 in" deep.

Heat skillet first then add oil. Oil is hot enough when a wooden spoon handle inserted in the oil bubbles.

Using tenderized steaks - thin cut - size your choice

1 cup flour (of your choice

Southern Chicken (or Country) Fried Steak this recipe is my friend's and she goes by healthy bee. I have never tried this so can't say much but she is a great cook. HB uses a special uncontaminated wheat flour but I suggested the oat flour. Travel at your own on this as to what you like best.

'Uncontaminated wheat flour'? I don't get it, do you mean uncontaminated by wheat?

'Uncontaminated wheat flour'? I don't get it, do you mean uncontaminated by wheat?

Good question. She says that most wheat flours give her bad reactions and make her fingers swell. She gets this wheat flour from Minn. and it doesn't cause any swelling of her fingers. They do not store the wheat in big storage bins and therefore no mold in the wheat berries.

She is not celiac that I know of so she still uses wheat flour but a special brand from Minn.

I suggested using oat flour. Some might have a good rice flour that works for them too.

Heated skillet with grapeseed or coconut oil 2 in" deep.

Heat skillet first then add oil. Oil is hot enough when a wooden spoon handle inserted in the oil bubbles.

Using tenderized steaks - thin cut - size your choice

1 cup flour (of your choice

Glad to be of assistance Holly. My friend said just typing it up for me made her hungry.:)

ML :)

I'm originally from New England and never knew what country fried steak was, and never tasted it until about 6 years ago in Conroe, Texas. It was delicious. I'm lactose intolerant, and was sick from it, but still enjoyed it. That was before being diagnosed celiac. It appeared that the chef used cubed steak,which can be purchased already "pounded".....at least in the northeast.