Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Milk Of Magnesia

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if Milk of Magnesia is gluten free? My Dr. wants me to take it every other day but he dosen't know and neither do I. Please help! Thanks!

Ads by Google:

According to the Clan Thompson Smart Drug List, Phillips Milk of Magnesia (all flavors) status is "UNKNOWN" - the company has stated that the product has no gluten-containing ingredients, but it is made in a facility that makes gluten containing products and could be subject to CC - no statement appears about cleaning the lines or anything. I would not trust it.

According to the Clan Thompson Smart Drug List, Phillips Milk of Magnesia (all flavors) status is "UNKNOWN" - the company has stated that the product has no gluten-containing ingredients, but it is made in a facility that makes gluten containing products and could be subject to CC - no statement appears about cleaning the lines or anything. I would not trust it.

Thank you for your help! Thats sort of what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Do you happen to know of anything simalar to milk of magnesia that is gluten free that I could mention to my dr?

Thank you for your help! Thats sort of what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Do you happen to know of anything simalar to milk of magnesia that is gluten free that I could mention to my dr?

This might offer you options: (updated 12-07)

http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/

Milk of Magnesia is made basically for the magnesium, which is a very very common deficiency for Celiacs. Many of us take a magnesium supplement, including myself. I use a powdered form mixed in orange juice. The acid of the juice greatly enhances the absorption. There are many forms, and I've basically found that magnesium citrate and magnesium carbonate work well, and don't taste bad in the juice. The NOW Foods brand has both of these types.