Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Soy Milk

31 posts in this topic

certain soy and rice milks do contain gluten! crazy-huh? try Pacific Soy, and Pacific Rice Milk, i know that both are gluten free~ they say right on the front. Eden soy and Silk Soy (the kind used at starbucks are Not gluten free... sorry...

Starbuck's Soy is gluten free, I contacted both Silk and Starbucks here are the responses I got: http://tinyurl.com/htoxicity

Ads by Google:

I'm so glad you guys posted this. Today I went to starbucks and asked them to use soy milk instead;Instantly I was in pain and had to go to the bathroom. I just found out I had celiacs disease 5 months ago.It seems it's only the milk I cant have, because I can have soy ice cream!

Carrageenan - yes, it's a big problem for me too. Instant gut pain that lasts a few days. It's added to far too many foods. It's ridiculous the things we (as a society) eat day in and day out and never give a second thought to!

I get depression, anxiety, cramps, bloating, diareah and have a hard time catching my breath. :angry::(

I get fortified soy milk whenever I can afford it (its a great way to get my vitamins!) and I've never had a problem with it.

Firm soy on the other hand...

This is a new reply to a very old post. I just spoke with a Starbuck's customer relations representative, and she told me that STARBUCKS SOY MILK IS NOT GUARANTEED GLUTEN FREE (10/19/2010). So just a heads up to everyone!