Jump to content



   arrowShare this page:
   

   Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

 
Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    


Photo
- - - - -

Any Ideas?


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 barbara123

barbara123

    Advanced Community Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:40 PM

Hey guys it has been a while since i have been on here, some days are ok and some are not ok. I made a trip to my grandkids they live in MO. Been here about 2 weeks and have been doing better only 2 real bad days. The babies are 4 and 1, gluten has bound to be here but they kept a hyla water filter vacuum going quite alot. When I visited my father in Arizona i did pretty well also and was gone 10 days, ok here is the question, At home in my own home which is a new trailerhouse, I get sick almost everyday, and never feel like doing a thing, not even visiting my friends,afraid i will become ill at there house, and not be able to get home. I still am not driving, in too much pain and misery. I am wondering if there could be something in my home that is making me ill I do have lupus of the skin and DH and celiac of course but my home is clean and gluten free. which is not the case when i visit family, my husband thinks i am either crazy or just major depression. I have been gluten-free for about 6 months, Please help and give me some advise. :o
  • 0

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Janeti

Janeti

    Advanced Community Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:24 AM

Hello Barara, I think that celiacs is a constant journey. Febrauary 28th will be my one year anniversary that I have been gluten-free. There have been good days, and bad days. The bad days are depressing, fustrating and scary. On those days when you're feeling crummy, you just want to wrap yourself in your home, and not see or hear anyone.

I also learned that most celiacs have other allergies. Maybe because of the damage that was done to our intestines. I finally went to see an allergist/nutrtionist. My list of allergies goes on and on. Hopefully one day when I am healed, I will be able to enjoy those foods again.(except gluten, of course) I couldn"t figure out why one day I would be ok then the next I felt like I did on day 1. I wanted to pull my hair out( whats left of it :unsure: ) Maybe a ND would be able to help you too.

Hang in there, you are not alone :)
  • 0

#3 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

    Advanced Community Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:55 AM

While I don't have specific answers for you, I do have a few ideas for things to look into.

Here are some items I'd check into if it were me (all of which are documented to bother people):
Gas leaks
Compact fluorescent lighting
Fumes from carpeting, upholstery or paint
Mold (including from potted house plants)
Tobacco smoke or other pollutants from neighboring homes
Radon or other naturally occurring gases
Pollen, dust, or dust mites
Ultrasonic pets repellers (can be from neighboring homes)

HTH
  • 0
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

#4 barbara123

barbara123

    Advanced Community Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:18 AM

While I don't have specific answers for you, I do have a few ideas for things to look into.

Here are some items I'd check into if it were me (all of which are documented to bother people):
Gas leaks
Compact fluorescent lighting
Fumes from carpeting, upholstery or paint
Mold (including from potted house plants)
Tobacco smoke or other pollutants from neighboring homes
Radon or other naturally occurring gases
Pollen, dust, or dust mites
Ultrasonic pets repellers (can be from neighboring homes)

HTH


thank you one and all you guys are always so helpful.
  • 0

#5 gfcookie

gfcookie

    Community Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:57 AM

Hey guys it has been a while since i have been on here, some days are ok and some are not ok. I made a trip to my grandkids they live in MO. Been here about 2 weeks and have been doing better only 2 real bad days. The babies are 4 and 1, gluten has bound to be here but they kept a hyla water filter vacuum going quite alot. When I visited my father in Arizona i did pretty well also and was gone 10 days, ok here is the question, At home in my own home which is a new trailerhouse, I get sick almost everyday, and never feel like doing a thing, not even visiting my friends,afraid i will become ill at there house, and not be able to get home. I still am not driving, in too much pain and misery. I am wondering if there could be something in my home that is making me ill I do have lupus of the skin and DH and celiac of course but my home is clean and gluten free. which is not the case when i visit family, my husband thinks i am either crazy or just major depression. I have been gluten-free for about 6 months, Please help and give me some advise. :o

have you spoken to a doctor about depression? I know it sounds like a scary word, but, depression cuases physical pain and is usually linked with things like fibro...you should go to your dr and explain your symptoms instead of hiding. Also, when have you last had blood work and things tested about your lupus? because, if you are eating gluten-free you should not really be having gluten problems. go to your doctor! also, maybe journal your symptoms for a week, what happens when you eat, how you phsyically feel, how you mentally feel. You don't have to suffer by yourself! And, sometimes, as much as we all love men, they just don't get it!
  • 0

#6 kbtoyssni

kbtoyssni

    Advanced Community Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

Since you're living in a new home, I'd suspect something like chemicals - the chemicals in the carpet, paint, etc. A slight possibility of mold. Or maybe something weird with the electrical wiring. I've read some stuff about electrical emissions on the human body. Dimmer switches emit a lot, if you have electronics like you clock too close to your head when you're sleeping it might cause a problem.
  • 0
Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.
Peanut-Free since July 2006.

#7 lizard00

lizard00

    Advanced Community Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, I agree with the others. If you are doing better outside of your home, then you should get your home tested. I know where I live, radon is a huge issue, especially in new communities. A friend of mine put in a bid on a townhouse that is no more than 2 or 3 years old, and the radon levels were unreal. Apparently, this is a common problem throughout the neighborhood, which has thousands of houses in it.

Not to say that radon specifically is your problem, but many people in that community live with that every day and have no idea. So, I would most definitely check into the list the other poster gave. Your home is supposed to be the one place you know you can feel good in. I hope you can figure it out soon!

On the other hand, I am glad you are feeling better so you can enjoy your time with your family! :lol:
  • 0
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: