This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hot Chocolate

skichikk18

skichikk18 Rookie

Ok so I have a ton of hot chocolate in my house. Does any know if the packets of swiss miss are gluten free? Also swiss miss with marshmallows? I also have to purchase nestle for a project and have no idea if that is gluten free as well. That would also contain the mini marshmallows.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor
Ok so I have a ton of hot chocolate in my house. Does any know if the packets of swiss miss are gluten free? Also swiss miss with marshmallows? I also have to purchase nestle for a project and have no idea if that is gluten free as well. That would also contain the mini marshmallows.

If you have the box at home, what is on the ingredients list? There most likely is a 1(800 #) on the box to inquire about the gluten free status. Marshmallows are generally gluten free.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi and welcome to the board :)

Swiss Miss is a Con Agra company, and they will list any gluten on the label. Nestle will, also. If you have other brands you are wondering about, you could list those and hopefully someone will know--or you can always call the company and ask them.

Never assume that all foods in a catagory (such as hot cocoas) are all gluten-free--each one has to be checked. ;)

It's a little daunting at first, but I promise it will get much easier with a some time.

• 1 year later...
glutenfreechica Newbie

I know you guys are talking about the powdered hot chocolate but DON'T Get Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate... I was fine when I drank it but directly afterwards I got really ill for a full day. Not worth it!!!

foodiegurl Collaborator

The Abuelita Mexican hot chocolate tablets, imported by Nestl

• 1 month later...
JillianLindsay Enthusiast

Does anyone know if Higgins & Burke (made by Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee Inc.) "gourmet" WHITE hot chocolate is gluten-free? I can't find any information on their website or anywhere online using a google search. There is nothing in the ingredients obviously stating wheat or other gluten products, however there are natural & artificial flavours and a lot of chemically-sounding names that I can't decipher.

I emailed the company, but I usually get a much faster response on this forum :) I even tried calling, but just got an answering service! It's very cold here in Winnipeg and I have exams to study for! BRRRR

Thanks,

Jillian

Wenmin Enthusiast

Make your own. It is Gluten Free and I've been using this recipe for as long as I can remember. Much better than those store bought versions...

Hot Cocoa

Ingredients:

12 oz. can pet milk

12 oz. water

4-5 oz. sugar

1 heaping tablespoon Hershey

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AnneM Apprentice

I drink a cup of Swiss Miss with marshmellows every day, there isn't any gluten listed, it's safe to drink. :)

2Boys4Me Enthusiast
Hot Cocoa

Ingredients:

12 oz. can pet milk

12 oz. water

4-5 oz. sugar

1 heaping tablespoon Hershey

jerseyangel Proficient
Pet milk?

An evaporated milk. I find that any milk works fine (with out the added water)--whole, skim, almond, rice, etc. I'm going to try to make my own this winter using stevia for the sweetener.

Open Original Shared Link

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Thanks, I can get evaporated milk quite easily, but pet milk? My dog is a boy. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
G-freegal12 Contributor
Thanks, I can get evaporated milk quite easily, but pet milk? My dog is a boy. :ph34r:

LOL just drink swiss miss. Its gluten-free.

• 4 years later...
Nene212 Newbie

Thanks, I can get evaporated milk quite easily, but pet milk? My dog is a boy. ph34r.gif

Pet Milk is an old brand of canned milk. Its their name not to be used for pets. The company was started in 1885 Here is the history Its really very interesting.  Open Original Shared Link 

kareng Grand Master

Pet Milk is an old brand of canned milk. Its their name not to be used for pets. The company was started in 1885 Here is the history Its really very interesting.  Open Original Shared Link 

FYI- you are replying to a 4 year old post/ joke?

• 1 month later...
cap6 Enthusiast

LOL!!!

Archived